How Many Election Officals Are We Going To Lose?

From the article:

Though experts say it is difficult to determine how many elections officials have left their positions nationally, states like Pennsylvania and Ohio have seen numerous departures. According to the AP, about a third of Pennsylvania’s county election officials have left in the last year and a half; in Ohio, one in four directors or deputy auditors of elections have left in the southwestern part of the state, according to The New York Times.

I would imagine that Trump would prefer election officials who are loyal.

“I don’t think they’re appropriate tactics but it happens to everybody
The only people it doesn’t happen to are people who have Secret Service standing around. So it’s part of the process,”

5 Likes

“Her critics sought to abolish her position and give her duties to an elected county clerk”

So they’re changing the position from one of being “appointed” to being elected. Sounds like the right move.

2 Likes

From the article:

Her critics sought to abolish her position and give her duties to an elected county clerk who has used social media to promote baseless allegations of widespread election fraud.

I think that folks who are hired by a bipartisan election commission will have the experience to do their job. If it a elected position why can’t anyone (regardless of experience) run for office? And I don 't trust voters to properly select a candidate who has acceptable experience. And with a elected official there would have to be a term limit. And then how could a elected official be ousted if they did a bad job?