How Many Denials Were There?

none of the books in your post or in the op were “banned”

do you agree with the decision in your post?

Just told you …no. Pulled from curriculum, banned…Potato, pataahto

America has been failing behind for like 30 years.

2 Likes

Great Gastbsy is a pretty boring book.

1 Like

this coming from the political party that doesn’t want to teach sexual education in school because modesty.

the only two books I think should be mandatory part of High school education are 1984 and Brave New World because they teach about how Authoritarianism take hold in society.

i am not a “political party”

Removing books is a symptom, not the disease. You guys are missing the point.

3 Likes

One has to wonder if the parents are aware and approve? Personally…I’d never stand for this.

2 Likes

what’s the disease?

not that we disagree

Destroying liberalism. Neo-Marxianitis

i like it

specify “actual” liberalism though

not fascist leftism which is what people who think they are “libs” really are

that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

And the Bill of Rights

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/06/military-academies-should-teach-critical-race-theory/

“As a professor of political science at the U.S. Air Force Academy, I teach critical race theories to our nation’s future military leaders because it is vital that cadets understand the history of the racism that has shaped both foreign and domestic policy,” García explained.

Were the denials about K-12 gaslighting?

2 Likes

So is it a complete forfeit on policy now and just all culture war all the time? Boring.

1 Like

Nope - there are four basic skills that need taught in high school and one corresponding required book for each.

Personal Finance: A Random Walk Down Wall Street
Revenge: Titus Andronicus
Golf: Ben Hogan’s Five Lessons
Woodworking: Good Clean Fun

No other books are necessary to have a fulfilling life.

1 Like

As you can see “culture war” is policy.

2 Likes

Nah. It’s people who’s beliefs are falling out of favor trying to force them down everybody’s throat, and using that as motivational and organizing tool.

I mean else is left of the GOP? Wacky conspiracy theories and culture wars. Oh and tax cuts.

Nah, it’s policy.