How Many Denials Were There?

Well given that my kids are half white… I absolutely have a problem with my kids being taught “white man is evil”. I have in hyper liberal California and I have literally NEVER seen any teacher, curriculum, syllabus etc that even remotely suggested that “white is evil” or “black is oppressed”

10/22/2021

From the bastion of white supremacy conservatism.

This made me laugh.

Do I have it right that race and racism are really not things in and of themselves, but rather fabrications to gain or maintain power?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

Race is a social construct originally devised to rationalize the subjugation of people to exploit their labor.

Racism is the result of indoctrination use to sustain that social construct.

The victims chosen for that social construct were so chosen based on culture.

Now race and racism are used to rationalize other things.

4 Likes

And how do we know Tony Kinnett is being honest and not trying to cash in on those right-wing-rage-bucks?

You don’t.

It is worth noting that distinction by race goes back to the beginning of history, tens of millennia before the American Colonies and United States of America were established,

Mod Note

That’s over the line and uncalled for. Don’t do it again.

So, that is Critical Race Theory.

More specifically, race is a social construct and racism is neither an individual bias nor prejudice, but rather embedded in the legal system and supplemented with policies and procedures.[25]

Not quite. Racism can range from the individual to the government. The latter is referred to as systemic racism the former is simply racial bigotry.

What are you confused about?

Not confused.

I heard a guy in the radio Gigi g a good concise explain action of CRT and it occurred to me I had heard that before.

I didn’t realiZe until then that you were an adherent to critical race theory.

Labeling every thing in words is a social construct. The different type of dogs is a social construct. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a there there.
The better argument would be over whether the right conclusions are being drawn, not over whether races are real.

This is true.

This is not.

And when you understand that the latter claim is based solely on outcome data while ignoring every single factor other than race, it’s not hard to see why.

Racism is not “embedded” in the legal system. Nobody has ever proven it is without pointing at outcomes.

The same thing is true about education, the media and all other culture generators.

Show a racist system “supplemented with policies and procedures” in the policy and procedures.

You can’t. All you can do is point out outcomes and cry “RACISM!!!”

Every factor imaginable impacts outcomes to some degree or other.

The System, including most of the sub systems in it, was set up based on a majority culture which had hegemony at the time the system was created.

Why did that culture have and still have hegemony? Because they are the majority in a “democracy”.

The rules, the metrics for defining “success”, etc.

There were and always will be cultures that insist on “keepin’ it real”. That’s fine, but it may mean that those cultures don’t get to reap the rewards of The System.

Take poverty for example. There has been more effort and resources expended to reduce the poverty level of one identity group than all others combined.

Yet they still have the highest poverty rate of all major identity groups. And all they can point to is that same number and cry the system is racist. While ignoring the success of the sub cultures of that very same group.

Most of the members of that identity group do not live in poverty and haven’t for generations. If the problem is “RACISM!!!” how is that possible? If the problem is “institutional”, why is the poverty rate of the naturalized citizens of that group less than half that of natural born citizens of that same group?

Perhaps the answer is that it isn’t race at all. Perhaps it is that 18% or so of that culture is bound and determined to “keep it real” and “do it my way” - and that’s fine. But if they choose that path, it comes with a price.

So now that particular group, along with their enablers and allies, are trying to change The System to redefine the criteria for success to suit their wants, their culture. The problem with that is they are a shrinking minority in a “democracy”, which means they don’t get to redesign The System to their benefit. It also means that if they do, some other groups (probably the majority among them) are going to have worse outcomes.

Take the demands to stop locking up criminals, no cash bail, etc. Sure, it benefits outlaw culture. What does it do to the other cultures? The culture of the majority-who aren’t outlaws regardless of race?

You don’t get to “keep it real” without having to pay the price. If you choose to have children at a young age, that’s your choice. The price is usually poverty. (For Example)

You want to see something interesting? Look at any issue and control for cognitive ability instead of race. The System is not designed to reward dull people.

1 Like

So you agree with teh basic premise of CRT that race is a social construct.

RE: the rest - I’m sorry, I will have to read it more closely - might not be back till monday.

I’d just throw out Redlining as one example. Another is the bail system.

Enjoy the weekend.

Of course it is a social construct. That’s not CRT, it is science.

It’s also a basic tenement of crt. I got to go. I’m late!

And?

1 Like