How Many Denials Were There?

I think we can all see you and your little sidekicks are trying to play games again.

You can deny your Neo-Marxism until the cows come home. It won’t change facts.

Honestly, I don’t believe most members of the black nation know or understand what it happening. Completely understandable. I think you sort of do, but you have to deny it. Also understandable.

And if you know and still embrace it, that’s fine too. The package is attractive.

The problem is the contents of the box are rotten.

Immiseration is required. They figured that out when the english proletariat didn’t rise up.

And the Neo-Marxist learned the materialism isn’t the key (see Horkheimer quote above).

It’s working now. Be proud.

2 Likes

I’m a liberal.

That’s pretty mealy-mouthed. You got something to say to me, say it to me. Don’t hide behind skirts.

You still haven’t explained how this is applied to social movements? How did the CRA movement impoverish people?

Have a Merry Christmas. Try Bactine.

A post was split to a new topic: Deletion of Posts?

You are simply not getting it. Many of our laws, customs and culture, are directly tied to the tragic practice of slavery, Jim Crow and other systemic racism. Some are quite recent, and not from a by gone era.

What many people do not get, these double standard actions towards POC, (mostly black people), also hurt poorer white families as well.

You need to get out of your bubble, and look at the entire history, and what is still relative today.

It was easier to spot the systemic racism in those by gone eras…today, it is more subtle, and not so blatant. But it is there. CRT exposes that, which is the point. We need to recognize the lasting effects, and how the current systems, are still not living up to the American ideals.

One can do that, and not feel shame, or guilt.

I was pointing out timing of topics without context. It is like flooding the culture with movies about ghetto thug/gang culture and then setting minority kids down telling them that image of a micro culture defines their entire existence. And telling white kids that all minorities are members of that micro culture and born that way.

Both are examples of racist profiling.

1 Like

I get it just fine. And I have been studying history for 50 years. It is a personal interest. I will study it until I can no longer see to read.

All you are doing now is shifting from denial to justification.

2 Likes

You still haven’t given examples of this…

It is obvious you do not. In order to understand history, one needs the good, the bad, and the very ugly.

“The Sum of Us” and “America on Fire” are 2 good reads that talks about black history, and digs deep into the realities of being a black person in America today, and from our recent past.

:rofl:

Complete and utter reindeer droppings.

1 Like

And absolving all responsibility.

1 Like

There have been plenty of observances and productions. The most current one coming out is “Till.” Hollywood is reaching back to 1955 and the lynching of a 14 year old by Mississippi racists at the height of Jim Crow. But this story is already well know, only the timing is the issue. And we will have to see how it portrays life today.

The whole process reminds me of what the Soviet Union did in films in the years leading up to WWII. They reached back to the 13th Century, and produced “Alexander Nevsky” (1938) to demonize the Germans and fan Russian Nationalism with a story about German Teutonic Knights invading ancient Russia. Spun as History, but timed to promote animosity.

2 Likes

It would be a good lesson for engineers too.

"Design it right the first time. If you have to fix it later, it’s gonna cost you 10 to 100 times as much. "

It is supposed to be a period piece about his life and his mothers activism. The latter probably being the lessor known part. I’m sure they will touch on the fact that his accuser later admitted she made it up.

Again, we can’t have movies like that because it makes white people feel like it’s happening today? Hell the most recent incident of someone lying about a crime that didn’t take place was a gay, famous, black guy.

1 Like

“Right” changes with context/time.

The Underground Railroad was/is an interesting example of how it is taught. I’m a fan of the genre known as magical realism. Very creative. So, in a pre civil war setting, along with white people dancing at a picnic while a disobedient slave is burned alive and a mob of white men shoot black men women and children in a free black town…there is an actual railroad that is below the surface of the ground… complete with train stations.

So there are some here who would say…“it’s just fantastical fiction …a genre called magical realism you stupid cons”.
They will ignore the one common theme throughout the series

"Whites hate and oppress blacks and even those who don’t hate them will sell them out, turn them in, or otherwise betray them through malice or weakness."

There is no other theme to the show. It’s a brilliant piece of divisiveness.

1 Like

Nice change up!

1 Like

Except for the actual railroad, it’s actual history.