How Many Denials Were There?

Nope, read literature on CRT, like I did. Don’t take my word or Rufos. Read for yourself.

Then let’s go quote for quote here. See who’s right and wrong.

Slavery and segregation was the claim… not gang activity

“To awaken revolutionary spirit in the masses” you just described the Anti CRT movement. Or any populist movement or candidate. So sure, if that is Marxist, we all are. That would include every civil rights movement ever.

1 Like

That is wrong. CLS was race. CRT was the shift from opportunity to outcome and the expansion from “Legal”.

CRT was to save affirmative action after the system was cleaned.

Yes, the “creators” do acknowledge Critical Theory. In their works.

And then there’s actual history.

Educate yourself.

CLS was officially started in 1977 at the conference at the University of Wisconsin-Madison

What?! And then another one for CRT in 1989? Had to go off campus to the covent that time though.

Although CLS has been largely contained within the United States, it was influenced to a great extent by European philosophers, such as Karl Marx, Max Weber, Max Horkheimer, Antonio Gramsci, and Michel Foucault.

WHO?!! How in the hell?! Those names…!

The founders of CLS borrowed from non-legal fields such as social theory, political philosophy, economics, and literary theory.

I think we can all agree that while CRT was originally focused on race and law, it has since (no doubt due to its success) spread into pretty much all other areas now. But wait! Not really!

People are focused on CRT out of a lack of understanding. It’s not just CRT that should concern us; it’s all Critical Theory. It all comes the same place and has the same goal.

“CRT” Is much easier to put on a sign or yell than “Critical Pedagogy”, which is actually what’s happening in these K-12 schools. With a focus on race of course.

1 Like

Ok

“but its roots extend earlier to when many of its founding members participated in social activism surrounding the Civil Rights movement and the Vietnam War. The founders of CLS borrowed from non-legal fields such as social theory, political philosophy, economics, and literary theory. Among noted CLS theorists are Roberto Mangabeira Unger, Robert W. Gordon, and Duncan Kennedy. “

You forgot the whole paragraph.

Wait wait waaaaaaait… CR movement was is related to CLS… which birthed CRT? I was told it had no connect by the well educated @WuWei

1 Like

Now there’s a claim worth discussing (finally). The cognitively challenged would probably agree, at least in part, to that claim. Because they haven’t done their research and don’t know that crits have their own dictionary.

This sociology went beyond the critical theory of society concived by Marx in order to reflect reality more adequately. One point is very important. For Marx had the ideal of a society of free human beings. He believed that this capitalist society would necessarily have to be overcome by the solidarity spelled by the increasing immiseration of the working class. This idea is wrong. This society in which we live does not immiserate the workers but helps them to build a better life. And apart from that. Marx did not see that freedom and justice are dialectical concepts. The more freedom, the less justice and the more justice, the less freedom. The critical theory which I concieved later is based on the idea that one cannot determine, what is good, what a good, a free society would look like from within the society which we live in. We lack the means. But in our work we can bring up the negative aspects of this society, which we want to change.”

Mad Max, mentioned above.

By “justice”, he means “social justice”. As defined by crits.

I already posted it Here and in other places.

And of course we can follow the next half step - Herbert’s Repressive Tolerance (cancel culture) and Essay On Liberation; the world we are living in today.

It all comes together quite nicely - as I’m sure we can all agree.

1 Like

Not birthed. Just a little cabal. CRT is not special.

Not going to deny the Marxist baby daddy this time?

2 Likes

Brazilian
White
White

Delgado - Mexican
Jean Stefancic - white

You really want to give white and Latino Marxists credit for CRT? Remember what Malcolm said?

See the difference now?

It’s the immiseration for me…

I’m sorry… it seems you are just posting random quotes from Marx that are not in context with the post your responded too. Don’t pretend to be well educated on the subject just because you can find quotes. They need to be in context.

You didn’t address my point. You provided a quote in which you describe any and all social movements ever as Marxist.

Do you deny it?

Prove it.

Using your definition of Marxist… no I’m not going to deny that every civil rights/social justice/cultural movement sought to

However me thinks your definition of Marxism is incorrect as applied to social justice.

I haven’t posted any quotes from Marx.

Read him.

Derrick Bell, Kimberle Crenshaw, Cheryl Harris, Patricia Williams are no longer black?

Look at you trying to give all of the credit to white people. :rofl:

Of course. And identified the difference.

You posted those names, not me. Delgado and Stephanic wrote your textbook.

1 Like

No you didn’t… why does “immersion” matter?

Free universal college! Forgive the debt!

The development of a true consciousness is still the professional function of the universities.
Marcuse, Essay on Liberation

It’s not “immersion”. Stop playin’.

Those names came from the CLS link you provided, that I thought you read. They were the creators of CLS and you made it seem like they were the creators of CRT. They weren’t.

:rofl: My definition of Marxism?