How many Americans must die to further the Democrats' agenda?

The US faces an unprecedented emergency, and we need our leaders to work together to solve the many problems. Unfortunately we have been seeing many Democrats and their allies in the media work to turn the crisis to their political advantage. Here is a timeline of examples:

On February 1, Joe Biden lashed out at Trump for the China travel restrictions announced the day before:
“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia - hysterical xenophobia - and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science."
See video starting at 8:15 and Hill article for the quote and more details:

In response to the China travel ban, the Biden and his friends in the media slammed Trump for not listening to experts . . .

. . .the same experts who were still downplaying the risk of human-to-human transmission for most of January:

Health authorities believe that the virus probably originated in an as yet unidentified animal species and was transmitted humans by contact with animals at a live animal market in the central city of Wuhan. The World Health Organization tweeted on January 19: “An animal source seems the most likely primary source of this novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak, with some limited human-to-human transmission occurring between close contacts.”

. . . Dr. Ian Lipkin, director of the Center for Infection and Immunity at Columbia Mailman School of Public Health, notes that “We don’t have evidence of clusters in distant geographic locations as we did with SARS. This is what we would anticipate if the virus were highly transmissible.”

And experts at the CDC, FDA, and Washington State government did their best to prevent testing that ultimately proved that community transmission was occurring:

Meanwhile what did Democrats in congress do to protect the American people? They were wasting precious time and resources to distract and obstruct the administration using a politically motivated impeachment trial.

And they were encouraging people to ignore the risks of the coronavirus:
“Currently, the risk for novel coronavirus in New York City remains low, while our preparedness as a city remains high. There is no reason to avoid public settings, including subways and—most of all—our city’s famous Chinese restaurants and small businesses,” said Health Commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot. February 13, 2020

In March they joined Europeans who slammed Trump for preventing travelers from Europe from bringing the disease here:

The EU was eventually forced to adopt severe restrictions both between member states and the outside world. In response to the crisis Governor Cuomo bragged about the openness of New York to incoming diseases:

“Because we welcome people from across the globe,” he said. “We have people coming here, we have people who came here from China, who came here from Italy, who came here from all across the globe. . .I had no doubt that the virus was here much earlier than we even know,” he said. “And I have no doubt that the virus was here much earlier than it was in any other state, because those people come here first.”

Arguably New York’s complacency to the potential epidemic has already contributed to hundreds of deaths.

Now in response to President Trump’s mention of a possible quarantine of the New York area and travel restrictions from other states, Cuomo is threatening lawsuits to prevent travel restrictions that would limit the ability of the infected New Yorkers to travel and spread the disease throughout country.

“We’re talking to Rhode Island now. If they don’t roll back that policy, I’m going to sue Rhode Island,” Cuomo said on CNN Saturday evening. “No state should be using police to limit interstate travel.”

Apparently Cuomo is saying that the right to travel is absolute even during a dangerous epidemic. At the same time he and many Democrats are more than happy to place severe restrictions and licensing requirements on second amendment rights:

Protecting the right to keep and bear arms is not the same as forbidding all regulations on that right. We can protect that right and still require background checks, permits, and training. We can still regulate when, where, and what kinds of guns are allowed. In some cases, we can regulate who can obtain guns, imposing restrictions on, for instance, felons, the mentally ill, and known terrorists . . .
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2015/12/second-amendment-allows-for-gun-control.htm

My opinion is that we need to work together. We may have to make painful choices to avoid an epidemic of massive proportions. That may include quarantines of cities, states, or large regions of the US. Threats and obstruction will only result in more deaths.

5 Likes

I thought Trump for many weeks said he had it all under control.

But, yeah, all Democrats are bad.

1 Like

It’s contained, why is anyone dying? I think the media is making it all up.

7 Likes

Bill no one could have imagined how bad this virus really was. China lied to the world and WHO picked up their rice bowl and carried it Jan 30th. At that point enough Chinese travelled to Italy and many other parts of the world to fire up the spread. Trump did good to close the china door much to the chagrin of liberal progressives and should have closed the door to Europe too. We are luck the mortality rate is low , about 1- 1.5%
Elderly and those with preexisting issues are more at risk. Trump has done a good job nationally and Cuomo seems to be doing what he can in New York.

It will take all the governors to work with Mike Pence and the taskforce.

Thank you for your post, Brother. Peace be with you

2 Likes

When did Trump last talk to N Pelosi?

You mean communist China lied to the world and WHO picked up their Communist leader rice bowl, don’t you?

Because you’re not attacking the average Chinese person or Asian American.

164,539 cases as of tonight with 3,164 dead.

So as of right now it’s 1.92% And yeah…it is luck that it is so low.

but higher than Trump’s “hunch” of less than 1%.

From a March 5 interview with Sean Hannity, calming people’s fears about catching and dying from the coronavirus.

“Globally, about 3.4 percent of reported COVID-19 cases have died,” Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the WHO, said at a news conference in Geneva this week.

During an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity on Wednesday night, Trump claimed that the WHO estimate was “false,” citing a “hunch” he had.

“I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number — and this is just my hunch — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this, because a lot of people will have this and it’s very mild, they’ll get better very rapidly. They don’t even see a doctor. They don’t even call a doctor. You never hear about those people,” Trump said.

Is it any wonder people who tune in to hear the President offer comfort and reassurance kinda-sorta didn’t take the coronavirus seriously after that statement, and decided to have their coronavirus parties and their weddings and their spring breaks?

Right now we have the Governors of Florida and Missouri who won’t issue public restrictions. And in doing so might be putting a lot of their citizens at risk. And you are critical of Democrats?

1 Like

Biden has just the proper amount of charisma and energy to lead us through a crisis like this. That is why he will be the next President.

2 Likes

Trump k we this was a pandemic while we where close to going to zero because it was all a hoax

I would because I have Asian blood. I love Hong Kong. Free Tibet.

2 Likes

Give me a break i corrected it. You were to fast look again. I have Asian blood and I love Hong Kong and Taiwan. The average citizen of China is a victim of the Chinese communist government.

No I am not a racist and I did not say anything to get my post flagged. Please refrain from talking further with me.

Florida has been under restrictions for at least two or three weeks. They even cancelled spring break and started arresting students that were violating the 6-foot rule.

Additionally they’re refusing to allow hey cruise ship with infectees and Rick to Florida docking privileges.

I don’t know what all the restrictions are but those have certainly made national news.

I think he should have cut off travel from New York personally but if he’d have done that we had one hell of a riot.

1 Like

Florida has been under restrictions for at least two or three weeks. They even cancelled spring break and started arresting students that were violating the 6-foot rule.

Additionally they’re refusing to allow a cruise ship with infectees en route to FL docking privileges.

I don’t know what all the restrictions are but those have certainly made national news.

I think he should have cut off travel from New York personally but if he’d have done that we had one hell of a riot.

Actually China has been investing in Italy for awhile now, buying up Italian brands, property and even a soccer team and have transplanted Chinese to live & work in italy in the businesses they own thats why there is a large Chinese presence in Italy, it’s not just travel. To avoid being politically incorrect Italians were encouraged by their officials to not to be afraid of their sick Chinese neighbors just back from celebrating News Years in China but to “literally” embrace them. Very sad. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Lancet, our favorite source. Worldwide. .66

That’s encouraging

I did not flag your post.

If you say something that I think needs to be responded to - corrected - I will do so.

Florida Also set up check points on the interstate because they do not want more virus imported

7 Likes

They’re guestimating how many non-serious cases there are.

Well, let’s hope they’re right.

Because if Trump lets people go back to work in April - and I hope he does - his Presidency will depend on the aftermath of that.