How long does it take to diagnose a heart attack?

Taxes.

What exactly is “it” that you are referring to?

What taxes are you referring to?

The appropriate time to post this would have been immediately after I first responded to you.

Is that an oblique apology that you were in error in your assertion?

How long does it take to diagnose a heart attack.

Well, in two occurrences at work over the years, it was about the amount of time required for the person to hit the floor.

No, it’s an admission that I thought you were talking about actual cost, not the amount billed to the patient. My assertion was 100% correct.

No you were wrong. What you said was not true in the context of this thread.

What I said was 100% true in the context of how it was stated. You don’t get to control the contex of the thread. :roll_eyes:

Laughable given this was your post. Note, I have highlighted part of your post.

“No, it’s an admission that I thought you were talking about actual cost, not the amount billed to the patient. My assertion was 100% correct.”

And it was.

Now, if you are so concerned about getting off topic, I suggest you move on.

Since you are so keen to get back on topic, do you believe that it could take more than a day to determine if a person has had a heart attack when presenting with symptoms that are indicative of a possible heart attack?

I have no idea. However, I do know that it’s easier to rule one out than it is to confirm that someone has had one.

I thought i was having a heart attack one night. Heavy chest pains which kept getting worse. Got to where i could only take half breaths. Gasping for air. Horrible feeling.

They ran all sorts of tests and some of them twice. They finally decided it must be a Gall Bladder attack which it turned out to be.

They said the gall bladder is in bad shape when do you want it out?

I said NOW! :grin:

They wouldn’t do it till 4 days later.

I’ll go along with this. My wife had an episode a couple of months ago and shortly after we arrived and she was checked into ER they informed me we were possibly looking at a heart attack. About an hour or so later they confirmed it wasn’t. (BIG sigh of relief.) So in my experience, it’s a fairly quick diagnosis. I would say it would have to be for treatment reasons.

1 Like

As I said above, it’s easier (and faster) to rule one out than it is to confirm that someone has had one.

All the best man. Panic attacks are no joke. Take care of yourself.

I’m assuming … hoping … they gave you something to get through those four days.

Wow. That’s scary. Glad it worked out. How the heck does the gall bladder do that to you?

Antibiotics is all. They actually gave me some morphine during the attack.

The pain settled down after a few hours and then i went home from the emergency room.

They took it out 4 days later and it all went smooth.