How long before the TSA crack and Airports shutdown

TSA workers are already starting to quit, Airport are having to shutdown partly because lack staffing how long because one of the biggest economic transportation system is completely immobilize.

Transportation Security Agency officers forced to work without knowing when their next paycheck is coming are no longer just calling in sick. Now, 18 days into the partial government shutdown, some are resigning, according to Hydrick Thomas, who heads the TSA Council on the American Federation of Government Employees.

“Every day I’m getting calls from my members about their extreme financial hardships and need for a paycheck. Some of them have already quit and many are considering quitting the federal workforce because of this shutdown,” the official said in a statement posted to the union’s website on Tuesday. He did not specify how many had quit.

1 Like

Maybe the Dem’s should put some border wall money in a bill and pass it so the workers will start getting paid again.

The TSA workers in some states are now able to collect unemployment while working! That’s quite a safety net most workers could only dream of.
States are still trying to collect over payments of unemployment benefits from the 2013 shutdown. Thousands of federal workers failed to pay back the benefit after they received their retro pay. They must have considered it windfall.
Some shutdown facts decrease empathy.

What safety net?

And when we have a new Democratic president, he or she can hold them hostage again, so we can have Medicare for all. Imagine you wouldn’t like that.

1 Like

“I am proud to shut down the Government”

-President Donald J Trump

1 Like

Then the D’s need to give him a bill to veto. Oh wait they can’t they don’t have the votes in the Senate as we learned yesterday.

Maybe the President should stop with this ridiculous, inefficient and down right medieval idea of an actual wall that would waste American dollars and sign a bill so the workers will start getting paid again.

1 Like

Nope. The Dems do not have to give the President squat.

He proudly took on the mantle and blame of the shut down, it is up to the President to show a congress how and where the money should be spent.

He doesn’t get to shut down the Government and extract a blank check from them.

It wouldn’t be acceptable if a Democrat President would do it. It isn’t acceptable with Trump

3 Likes

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/arizona-sheriff-says-border-wall-led-to-91-drop-in-crime-in-one-county-xcI3-K1lbki6v-bcL-bsjQ/

“We were able to reduce [ancillary crimes] by 91 percent,” Sheriff Wilmot said. “The deaths in the desert, the rapes, the robberies, the homicides, the burglaries, the thefts.”

“When they were no longer able to take advantage of our border as a smuggler’s paradise, the crimes against those being smuggled virtually stopped,” he told FOX News.

It worked to reduce crime significanly in Yuma County Airizona.

And the senate doesn’t have to approve a house bill without it.

Stale mate. Guess it’s a case of who blinks first.

And are we going to the go around and round in every thread?

That’s all you got? Pathetic
So are we going to put a wall on the east coast and the west coast, maybe a dome over the entire country to address the real threat and not a bunch of brown folks coming across the southern border. Latino gangs, their drugs, etc. is low hanging fruit compared to the real threat that has infested all of our major cities. Wake up dude and stop this partisan BS you guys are on.

In fact, the number of deportable illegal immigrants located by the US Border Patrol plummeted by more than 89 percent over the five-year period during which the controversial new fence was built, according to Homeland Security data I reviewed. When the project first started in 2006, illegal crossings totaled 122,261, but by 2010, when the 131-mile fence was completed from one end of El Paso out into the New Mexico desert, immigrant crossings shrank to just 12,251.

Reduced illegal border crossing in Texas as well.

If you want to go with that I can link you to a few people on the border who think the wall is stupid…

The dem angle seemed like a winner…I would have plowed on with that one for a bit more…even though polls and trump said this was his deal…

Anyway(side stepping the nonsense), to answer the question, let’s see what happens Sunday night and the Monday after the Super Bowl when people try to get out Atlanta through Harstfield-Jackson.

Good luck with that.

Trump is losing the pr war here. Bigtime.

Allan

If you look back and can find it. Week or so ago I suggtested shutting down air travel to only essential public safety and national security flights.

I also did the same thing during Obama’s government shutdown. Suggested every week find something that can be termed non-essential and shut it down. With Trump he has fewer options as some budgets have been passed for the year.

If a Democratic President were to shut down the Government for the sole reason to extract a failed campaign promise right after losing control of Congress, i would gladly join you in the condemnation of that President for putting partisan politics over people.

But for some reason that algebra gets changed with Trump.

Why is that?

2 Likes

Hopefully not for another two weeks.

I have to go to Dallas.

1 Like

Yes. That area borders 2 cities. A fence makes sense there. Why do you folks pretend we don’t already have good border security? That we already spend billions of dollars on?

What exactly does trump want to spend his billions on? Why isn’t he showing us a plan? That’s how budgets work and that’s how the House approves spending projects.