How long before Manchin switches parties?

I think it’s imminent, big mistake surrounding his car. He doesn’t have to be a Democrat. And he would improve his re-election chances given his constituency.

2 Likes

I am surprised he hasn’t but would be just as happy if he just continues to block the build back more inflation bill. He just needs to hold out till the midterms.

3 Likes

I vote for him to stay a real fisically responsible democrat and piss of the woke liberalls.

I wish Trump were still tweeting and helping libs light their hair on fire. Those old days when Righteous Indignation liberals were foaming at the mouth over Trump tweets was so much fun.

I don’t see why he puts up with the abuse when he could easily become a beloved hero to half the country instead of a pariah in his own party. Where is the up side for him?

2 Likes

Does anyone here actually believe that Joe Manchin gives a ■■■■ about spending or deficits?

I gotta say though: a coal baron driving his Maserati to his yacht while ■■■■■■■ over millions and millions of people has strong Mr. Burns energy.

3 Likes

Keep driving him our way, love it.

2 Likes

Why would he? Right now, he along with Sinema, are the most important and sought out politicians in D.C. If he defects, he’s just another flabby old man.

Absolutely.

1 Like

He doesn’t have to become a Republican, all he needs to do is refuse to caucus either party. Schumer and the Ds loose control of the senate. He can attend any committee hearing he wishes to, as an observer, then release opinion papers on the legislation he wishes to comment on or influence. And he would be a go to interview again and again. No real down side for Republican’s and a giant poke in the eye for the party that respects him sooo much.

2 Likes

Even better from his perspective. Still WV is pretty red but I assume he isn’t up for election in the near term?

He’s up again in 2024.

Yeah what I thought, so not a near term concern.

I don’t see him doing that and he’s already vehemently shot down rumors about it. I could see him and possibly Sinema switching to Independent.

If WV, which went 70% for Trump, holds that voting trend it will almost certainly vote R in 2024. So assuming he wants to remain a senator he may switch around that time.

He’s the most powerful man in the Senate. Switching parties will mean he gives up that power.

1 Like

He won’t be welcome if he enables dems to do a lot damage before hand.

1 Like

Yeah E7 pointed that out, he’d do better switching to independent.

2 Likes

He is probably riding it out and will retire I assume at the end of his term he will be Biden’s age at that time.

Of course he has said if he feels like an embarrassment or whatever it was to his party he would caucus as and independent. The people hounding him should be a bit careful as I said they need him a lot more than he does them.

1 Like

Another unsatisfied customer. You are tooooooo funny Ms. Marg

I didn’t realize he was 74, looks younger. He also has a net worth of over 5 million (I’ve seen one number at around 7.6 million). That could last more than a dozen lifetimes in WV!

1 Like

No need to switch party for Manchin. He saw how it went for Spectre. No other D would get elected in WV. Manchin just delivered Biden a 1.2 T lifeline. His elderly buddy.