How I stopped using ant-acids after 30 years

I’ve been taking ant-acids for 30 years, every day for the last eight, 4 months ago I decided to go on a Keto diet, I was going to give up dairy, grains and sugar. Wife tells me four days into the diet cheese is a part of the Keto diet because of the fats which made me happy because I love cheese. Well it didn’t work out that way, it felt like I had become lactose intolerant so the cheese had to go because it was painful. (still taking ant-acids) So the new plan was Paleo says the wife, to me this stuff is confusing so I called it eat like a hunter gatherer and the end result was not as painful.

I saw this video that convinced me to start intermittent fasting and drinking ACV (apple cider vinegar) with pink salt lime and cream of tartar(potassium). I started doing it twice a day and I felt a major improvement in my stomach with in two days.

This video showed me how Turmeric helps inflammation and other thing, the second video was my awakening. What I found out was I didn’t have enough acid in my gut from years of taking ant-acids so I stopped taking my daily dose. Luckily I was already on a ACV twice a day for a week and it was making a difference so now I added Turmeric, with in 24 hours my lower abdomen had calmed way down from adding the drink to my diet.

So now I’m intermittent fasting by eating in an eight hour window, I’m drinking my ACV with lime, potassium, salt and turmeric twice a day some time three. I ended up snacking between meals and became constipate, twice that happen and once I got sick in the morning, when I got sick I could tell the killer acid was gone and it felt like the sphincter was closed on my small intestine so I knew my gut was healing. I changed my eating to reflect Dr.Berg, bigger lunch bigger dinner and no snacking.

I’ve come to realize that my diet is going to be based off of what does not increase my insulin, example a potato has a higher GI (glycemic index) then a 1/2 ounce of sugar. From what I get out of all this is if you spike your insulin, your cells close off to the fats, proteins, carbohydrates (sugar) that your body uses to grow and heal. The sugar that spiked your insulin will be used as energy and eventually stored as fat some where on your body. Before I started this I always noticed the fat on my belly was cold, know that I focus on foods that keep my insulin down my belly fat is hot to the touch, I think that tells me my body is burning fat and not sugar.

The human body needs the minerals to survive so I consume out of my spice rack turmeric (Magnesium) for inflammation, ginger, cream of tartar (potassium) and pink salt, I put 1/4 tesp of each in a glass with ACV and lime or lemon or bone broth and tomato juice.

Hope this helps other, good luck!

I’m glad you’re finding relief with all that. Luckily, I’ve never had digestive issues.

Thank you