How Exactly Do You Tone Down Gayness?

If luxury yachts and tropical vacations do it for you, no one is here to judge.

Do you like piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain?

1 Like

It would be rude not to.

You keep your personal persuasions out of your job.

Please stop.

And of course everyone else on the police force gay or not will no longer talk about their personal lives and significant others.

2 Likes

He’s probably making between 80-100k with his rank and time in service.

If you figure 20 years at 100k a year that’s two million. Multiply by 3 for treble damages and it comes out to six million.

This is ridiculous and the taxpayers of St. Louis county are seriously getting screwed.

2 million over the course of his career?

19 million sounds “totes” fair. lol

I have a picture of my wife and family at my desk. Should I take it down?

I sometimes talk with colleagues at work about their personal lives. What are they doing over the weekend, any vacations planned, how are the kids doing. Should I stop doing that?

2 Likes

I would use common sense about who you talk to. If you are going to a gay parade over the weekend and you decide to talk to a bible thumper about it, it probably won’t go over too well.

If you talk to a co worker who is going as well, you’ll probably have a nice conversation.

Common sense in the work place.

Hmmm, how would you know if the target for communication is a Bible thumper or a gay parade attender?

So do I take my pictures down or are heterosexual displays like that ok? Is it ok for a gay man to have a pic of he and hubby on the beach displayed on his desk?

1 Like

I’m not into yoga, and I have half a brain.

But back to being serious, does anyone know how the financial amount of judgement possible in a lawsuit is determined?

Right. And if your coworker is Jewish, don’t talk to them about pork.

Common sense equals to only mentioning your weekend plans to people who happen to have same exact weekend plans ? How would one even know that without talking to them about it ?

We had a situation a few weeks back at work.

As you know, the term “Fat Donald” is bandied around this forum quite a bit.

Well, a few people at work were using the term derisively in reference to the President. Well, turns out that an employee found the term to be “fat shaming” and thus harassment and filed a complaint. We ended up having to issue guidance barring any discussions at work that included derogatory references to weight regardless of who the target was.

You always gotta be careful.

We do have a number of GLB employees, never had any problems in that respect.

Well, I suppose if you start blabbering to anyone and everyone you’ll find out, won’t you?

Probably a good idea. You are catching on.

I’m sure you have some level of “do and do not” when it comes to social interactions. I don’t have to explain this to you as there is no rocket science behind it.

Erp… then again maybe there is. :face_with_monocle:

First, I have no idea what GLB is. When I do a search it comes up with Mercedes references.

My perspective? If you are fat and you don’t want anyone to notice it? Well, they do. And that is just the way it is.

Some level , sure. As in - try to refrain from discussing feces or politics.

It’s silly to suggest that people should completely refrain from discussing their personal lives out of fear that others don’t approve of them. If you’re a bible thumper and your coworker says they’re going to a pride parade, do you think that it’s now mandatory for you to go as well ? Why else would you care ?

1 Like

The whole discussion is silly. People gravitate to people they have things in common with. It really isn’t rocket science.