How Does the GOP Move Forward To Success in 2024?

Rejecting a knee jerk leftist position prevalent in some Universities should not be mistaken for anti intellectualism…or rather sold as anti intellectualism.

I just rec’d a call from my brother, who is on his way with his son to go explore a potential university to attend upon graduation. He stated that he was severely bothered by the indoctrination process that’s currently ingrained in these institutions instead of teaching them to think for themselves. He also said that he’d rec’d an email just prior to departing from the person that will give them the tour, explaining what pronouns he wants used.

1 Like

Well said. :+1:

1 Like

My own personal observation. I haven’t watched or listened to any news outlet for going on 2 years. I rarely read the headlines anymore. What little news I get comes from my local paper. That allows me to keep up with major headlines. I ignore anything even hints at politics.

I really wish we could simply dump Trump. But realistically that would simply alienate his ardent supporters, thus removing a large chunk of voters.

I keep hoping to find strong candidates that excite both Trump supporters and non-Trump supporters alike. Do those type of candidates even exist? :thinking:

That…is impossible. It doesn’t matter where you look or where you are…this is a unified message being yelled from the rooftops and remember…94% of the media is pushing this same thing. They are sheoplizing our nation and it’s happening all around us. That said, I admire your approach and it’s good to see you again my friend.

2 Likes

Dumping Trump is not enough. He is a result, not a cause.

1 Like

Yet their ratings are in the tank.

3 Likes

“People who disagree with me are stupid” is a great campaign slogan for 2024. Sounds like a real winner.

4 Likes

If there’s a fresh water lake in front of you and yet you die of thirst…by choice…is that stupid? That IMO is on par with choosing not to use birth control, have sex that results in an unwanted pregnancy. It’s all your choice.

3 Likes

They don’t have alcohol where you live?

People make mistakes, as I’m sure you have in your life. Does that make them (and you) stupid? But your post wasn’t about people who have abortions, your post was about people who support the legal right of others to make their own decisions about abortion. That’s who you think is stupid.

…and Kansas.

Fox News led election night with 7.42 million viewers. They were followed by ABC (3.31 million), MSNBC (3.21 million), NBC (3.11 million), CNN (2.61 million), and CBS (2.56 million). So 7.42 million people watched Fox, and 14.8 million people watched the liberal news networks.

Apparently you aren’t aware of how ranked choice voting works.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how I see it too.

Trump delivered a previously unknown voting block that was intoxicating to the GOP. But it led to the predicament you describe.

I thin DeSantis can win the general without the Maga block, but don’t think he can get through the primary.

1 Like

I personallly thinkTrump is mis-stepping to attack MAGA affirming candidates who are willing to contest the 2024 presidential primaries. It will make him look divisive and intolerant and insecure, and he may well lose favour with many who have kept his back thus far. He may find the GOP base prefers a committed MAGA leader with more self-control than that. He is the crest of a wave. He is not the wave or its source.

2 Likes

Trump is MAGA. MAGA is trump.

Those people going to Trump rallies aren’t going to go see DeSantis or Lake or anyone else, even if they swear elections were stolen, or whatever other MAGA staple they repeat.

IMO.

Intellectualism is completely orthogonal to morality. And before you ask…

Anyone’s morality.

One night.