During the GOP primary, Donald J. Trump won 73% (41/56) of all the state contests, and garnered 45% of the popular vote. Trump won 3 of the 4 early bird contests. The only closest competitor was Ted Cruz, and he won only 11 contests and garnered 25% of the popular vote. So in other words, the GOP wanted him to be their nominee and embraced his values.
Just in case, people are living under rock or in a fantasy-state, Trump has done the following in the media:
- Denigrated women for their facial features, breast size, and weight.
- Engaged in birtherism for at least 7 years.
- Made fun of disabled Americans.
- Claimed that a female commentator was having her period during a presidential debate.
- Allowed celebrities who called Hillary Clinton the c-word to visit the White House.
- Bragged about the size of his junk on television.
- Made the “Grabbin’ by the p-word” remark.
- Mocked a veteran Senator and war hero for being “captured” and questioned his heroism.
- Advocated that gun owners kill Hillary Clinton.
- Frequently calls reporters/commentators dumb and stupid.
- Called NFL players who protest police brutality and racism SOBs.
- Curses like a sailor during campaign rallies.
There’s more, but you get the picture.
Now I am not saying all of these “events” are unjustified or jokes/exaggerations gone wrong, but at the same time, you have to be consistent.
If it’s okay for the leader of the free world to be filthy and engage in hate speech, then you cannot logically be offended when Bee uses the C-word or other celebrities using under the belt rhetoric against the President. Otherwise, you simply look silly and hypocritical.
Help me out Trumpsters, where am I going wrong?