How bad are things getting in New York?

It seems like everyday I read about some crime happening:

throughout the Bronx in 2022, according to NYPD data, as robberies are up 43.4%, felony assaults are up 23%, and burglaries are up 38.3% compared to the same time frame in 2021.

In so many of the incidents I read about the perpetrators are young.

1 Like

It’s only going to get worst if inflation doesn’t come back down. The strong will continue to terrorize the weak the more criminal elements in society will be more brazen and maybe desperate. This is why it is important to try and bring back jobs lost overseas back to the U.S. population which is broke and divided on everything it could become uncontrollable.

It doesn’t help letting in millions of illegals the people in charge are only fueling the powder keg. Throughout history hell almost always breaks out when people are desperate. Our politicians focus on things that they care about talked in and echo chamber. Crime, inflation, economy, border the big issues they ignore while pushing the trivial. Identity politics is adding fuel to the fire as well because everyone is hurting not sure certain groups. It’s a perfect storm that if a real economic crisis happens like 2007 it will be 10X worse.

2 Likes

Sounds like fatherless boys.

3 Likes

Not just the boys, in many of the articles I find girls and women are often involved.

You’re probably correct but the existence of gangs is problematic. They recruit members young, reward them for committing petty crimes first. These are juveniles and stealing from Bodegas or stores comes now without any repercussions. Then comes mugging and assaults for bigger prizes like car thefts for criminal auto stripping enterprises. Then come armed gang members that act as enforcers or murder for hire thugs. That’s when people get dead and it makes headlines. But to your point, even with the pressures gangs put on prospects, with a stable home and a positive father figure in the house knowing right from wrong and not being played for a chump makes a difference.

“robberies are always up 43%”

< laughing emotes >

— the left

1 Like

It’s New York…Libville USA, the heart of libology on display. It resembles Chicago, LA, Philadelphia, Baltimore…and so many other cities where Democrat theology has been their norm for decades. Violence, murder, theft, rape and destruction of personal property is the end result and the perps are getting younger with each decade.

4 Likes

the elite leftist ass of a mayor has his priorities straight on this matter though…

good thing most people people are too uneducated and brainwashed to know french revolutionary history

Each decade?

It’s amazing how quickly you guys forget.

1 Like

Many of the one’s I’ve read about over the past year occured in the subway:

1 Like

Yes New York is ripe for bastille day.

You guys really should never change. Ever

2 Likes

You make a good point. Guliani did clean NYC up for a tad but that was over a decade ago.

1 Like

He hasn’t been mayor since January 1 2002…. Then 18 years of collapsing crime rates….

1 Like

It took time for his positive influence to wear off but…it has now…totally and what you’re now seeing is Libille, USA and the direct results of lib policies.

It was nationwide. The collapsing crime rates were Nationwide until 2020 when Biden was president….

Keep digging though. This is fun to watch.

2 Likes

amazing how little you guys care about how bad it’s getting

How bad is it getting? Which borough do you live in so you can explain to me how bad it’s getting?

1 Like

Do you live in NYC?

1 Like

and leftist politicians should never stop living like it’s spring break all the time while their constituencies deteriorate to ■■■■

read the op