How are you impacted?

I have a plastic ball for my 10 pins, trick is to throw straighter at the corner pins. I get around 75-80% of my 10 pins, my issues have been splits with my more aggressive balls, now that I have one that is not as aggressive I have left fewer splits

Yeah, the Ice is plastic.

I think it’s all psychological. I know my mark, I know the ball will go straight if I hit my mark - AND I can make it in practice!

But when it’s for real…muscle memory goes out the window. It’s the yips. Right into the gutter with it!

I normally go Brooklyn in an attempt to not leave the 7 at all… that doesn’t work too well though. ; )

2 Likes

World upside down.

My daughter is home from college for spring break, now it will be permanent with online classes, which will be a joke. You can’t really do a microbiology or wetland management class “online”. She’s a senior, graduating in May, so she is disappointed that it is ending like this. She has been working on a research project on lizards with her professor, unsure how that will end up. She landed a job for after graduation, I am hoping that holds. It’s a job in medical tech and the company is owned by a billionaire, so I’m hopeful the job will still be there.

My husband is working from home best as he can.

Most all restaurants and bars are closed. I am sad because so many of them will close permanently, they will not be able to weather this.

I’m sad for all of us. I’m struggling with not going into a depression over this.

Luckily, we’re having an early spring. Once we can get out and hike, garden, and look for frogs, salamanders, snakes I’ll be better.

4 Likes

Very lucky here.

We have easily a month of food (dry goods) around the house. Comes from spending time in Guam with Hurricane seasons so we tend to stay stocked in that regards.

My wife, son and I are all on mandated telework for two weeks but I fully expect that to be extended.

I’m a salaried Information Systems guys and as long as the VPN connection to work stays up I’m fine and can work just as easily here as at work. I’m an independent worker and have no problem keeping up with my projects.

My wife works in institutional research and reporting for a University so she can easily work at home after swinging by work over the last week end to pick up her files and can VPN in.

My son is a Junior System Administrator for the local school system, currently he’s working with the help desk folks as the schools are all closed and he’s helping teachers and students as they remote in for school work.

Trips outside the house are kept to a minimum, but the flexibility of Telework for my wife and I mean we can make required trips during the regular workday and then stay home (and make up hours) over the weekend when crowds are normally higher. Last weekend it was crazy out there at Kroger, WalMart, Costco, and Sam’s.
.WW, PHS

1 Like

The show I was working on got shut down on Friday so I got laid off

Came up to my place in Maine from NYC on Sunday.

My wife and I are doing things like repairing and building out an old greenhouse that is on a piece of property that we bought a while back.

Hopefully this doesn’t go on for months and months because it will get really really hard after May.

Our town issued a Shelter In Place order this morning

Yea bowling is 75% muscle memory and 25% mental. I still struggle with the mental side, I focus on the last frame and that often screws me moving forward

Stocks will be back up soon!.. Best buying opportunity since 2008…

Yeah, people said the same thing 5000 points ago.

4 Likes

This leaving them open for delivery and takeout doesn’t seem like the best idea, if we aren’t testing the workers handling the food.

And? If it goes back up to where it was any time on it’s way down is a good time to buy.

Hope your stepfathers surgery goes well. :+1:

Over here in contrarian world I am still riding the elevator down. :smile:

Covered a few shorts, have some still open.

This will be a v shaped recovery… Much Faster than 2008 as all the banks and economy are still there… IN fact consumer purchases are obviously through the roof right now with all the hording minions of fear…

And obviously the kung flu is not Trump’s fault…

You are aware of the layoffs that are occurring, aren’t you? There is no V with significant layoffs.

No lay-offs at grocery stores or trucking or delivery. That’s all going through the roof. …

So you are not aware of the layoffs across countless other industries?

Its not a matter of IF it will go back up, its nearly certain to.

What you are talking about is the amount of time to do so. Without knowing even a fraction of what is to come from this, you could find yourself sitting on various investments for a long time before you ever even make your money back. I don’t offer investment advice, I’m just saying its dumb to pump stock buying right now when the worst of this hasn’t even hit yet.

2 Likes

I’m a 3L in law school, and we’ve been “online only” since the start of this week. Today, I found out a student at the school (the university as a whole, I don’t know if it’s in the law school) has been confirmed positive.

My graduation has been cancelled, it is unclear how we’re going to take our finals, and on Friday, I’ll be doing my capstone oral arguments for one of my classes over GoogleMeet.

And the costco is still out of toilet paper.

1 Like

Seems many on the left are hoping for the worst.

I see working at home,but few lay offs. Are you watching CNN still ?