How Are the Texas Incubators?

We were assured that there would be thousands of dead Texas women by now, killed by their own botched abortion attempts due to the Texas law.

If this has happened it has been covered up completely by the media.

Just another lib lie??

3 Likes

Not a lib lie. A conservative strawman.

No one assured you there would be thousands dead by now.

3 Likes

Wait till that quote…. That’ll show us!!

Literally the first article I clicked on.

The first threat is that thousands of Texas women every year will not be able to obtain an abortion in the state to end their unwanted and unplanned pregnancies.”

4 Likes

And proof that your post is a strawman.

No mention of ‘thousands dead by now’ and the ‘thousands’ she referred to were not from botched abortions but the danger of carrying to full term at the risk of the mother’s health.

It doesn’t say thousands will die.

Texas incubators make Longhorn chickens

Poultry in motion.

6 Likes

The article is titled “Texas women will die…”

I can’t help it if the person who wrote it isn’t clear or lies about the point they’re making. And that’s just one article promoting that particular boogeyman. There are many, MANY more.

What are the real numbers then?? Why the media cover-up??

You were “assured” thousand would be dead already.

It’s okay. Nudge the facts the direction that helps your narrative best.

It looks like there are several stories ( Time.com, a few Austin news sources) stating that maternal mortality will go up, some are quoting upwards of 15%.

which is itself a strawman as there are not thousands of pregnancies in tx which are a threat to the mothers life

1 Like

Arguing from hard cases as if they were the norm is how some folks roll. It’s been that way for a long time.

Interestingly I’ve seen a claim that abortion has reduced the birth rate by a similar percentage. Bet I can guess which number of deaths represented is the larger of the two.

There were more than 55,000 abortions performed in Texas in 2017. I couldn’t find stats for abortions for the health of the mother but with that many abortions it seems reasonable that ‘thousands’ could have been about the mother’s health.

Women will be just fine without abortion.

But the and is, other people need to step up and help them, and help prevent the need for abortions.

And here’s another

Such will be the fate of millions of American women if the Supreme Court dares to backtrack on women’s reproductive rights - because women always have, and always will, seek ways to end unwanted pregnancy.

Does this say thousands will die ?

No, it says millions. And he quoted it.

Such will be the fate of millions of American women if the Supreme Court dares to backtrack on women’s reproductive rights - because women always have, and always will, seek ways to end unwanted pregnancy.

1 Like

I was responding to the Time magazine article.

He edited his post later to include the USA Today article. And that one does sound hysterical.