How a good President would have left Afghanistan. The common sense approach

Much is explained, if the standard is what the Ecoliers think.

Remember in 2020 when Trump let the Taliban freely run around the country and they coordinated the collapse of the Afghan Army?

2 Likes

Remember when the Trump administration denied Biden’s transition team valuable intelligence briefings for 2 months?

2 Likes

Biden should have bombed their convoy when they were in the open, moving towards Kabul. Agreed?

And violate the agreements made by his predecessor?

Why didn’t Trump do the same when the Taliban began their offensive in 2020?

1 Like

Perhaps I wouldn’t limit it to 2500 troops?
:man_shrugging:

I offered a five point plan. Would any of those points make sense to a lib?

The actual agreement our government signed gets ignored. It doesn’t make Biden look bad

1 Like

That’s easy. Because there was no huge Taliban convoy out in the open. So there’s that.

Trump did. There were only 2500 troops left in Afghanistan when he left office. That wasn’t going to hold the country

He did nothing to stop their advance for an entire year but go ahead and keep pretending that he would of changed course at very last second

1 Like

Yes. Trump wasn’t following that plan in the 11 months he was in control of the withdrawal

I mean the whole premise is ‘Biden bad because whiney mumble whine hiss US not hulk smash’ the guys Trump brought to the negotiating table and to whom Trump gave Afghanistan, so…

1 Like

Bush the Elder most lately.

Doesn’t need to.

1 Like

In Afghanistan?

I’m not sure that holds its own premise. Poppy and Baker would have understood the strategic value of a thorny, well armed problem that no longer owes the ISI and is starting to remember how much closer to home is Russia.

Good choice…Though not sure if he would if it was a negotiated withdrawal as in this case.

They did rather brazenly deceive with assurances one now corpsified Baathist strongman.

He did it in Kuwait. Those people were slaughtered.

Different beast. The House of Saud has always been wobbly, brittle and run by guys hell bent on getting as out of touch as fast as possible.