Houston police chief: It's time to ask 'God’s forgiveness for our inaction' on gun violence

If a psychiatrist is on school premises but no one is allowed to talk about her, does she do any good?

More importantly, if she falls in her office and there’s no one there to hear it, does she make a sound?

1 Like

God doesn’t fall.

He does if He wants to.

What specific gun laws would have prevented the recent tragedy in Texas?

Gun ownership isn’t anything new. However, mass shootings were very rare until the last several years.

As a child I can remember playing outside for hours with friends. Neither my parents nor my friends parents ever worried about us. Not a bad thing ever happened. Now I’m not sure I’d allow a child to play outside without adult supervision even in a small town.

I didn’t grow up in a household with guns, but knew of at least a couple of families that had them. Notthing bad ever happened.

It’s just a very different world from when I grew up.

Plenty of bad things were happening to kids back then, it just wasn’t talked about as much.

It was rhetorical.

I heard an interesting comment on my morning commute:

“Prayer without policy is blasphemy”.

And now it’s not.

For those that may not be aware the Chief of Police of the largest city in Texas refuses to be your Facebook friend if you support the 2nd amendment and gun ownership.

I have followed Chief Acevedo for many years and respect his experience and years of service but this is disheartening. I too am sickened by the loss of lives due to gun violence, reckless driving, drunk driving, suicide, drug overdose, child abuse and many other ways lives are lost. I never recall the Chief unfriending drunk drivers, human traffickers, drug dealers or law breakers in general, only lawful gun owners and those that stand up for them. I know I do not have the years of experience or the education that Chief Acevedo has but I was a gun owner long before I was a badge carrier and I will defend that right with my last breath if required.

Chief Whitney Whitworth

Thrall, Texas

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

My day is made!

1 Like