House fails to override President Trumps Veto

Kinda hard to uphold a wall as a national emergency when 77 million worth of blow was caught at a US shipping port

I’m loving this thread . . . . seeing how many liberals and never trumpers (especially libs) are showing their true collors

I’m going to let the rope go out further before I spring the trap :smile:

The first paragraph was a direct quote of yours from the OP. The second was a quote from the Brennan Center, also from your OP. To me, it represents a clear answer to the question you posed.

I would like to let president trump know i am still not tired of all this winning. Sorry mr president to disagree with you on that.

Please don’t tease us… give us our just desserts.

1 Like

Oh no, many long time posters know I like to set a trap for as many as possible.

Must be a dilly. Bating breath now. :grin:

1 Like

It makes me wonder how many representatives were threatened by their constituents?

Of course. Muh national security has always been the golden excuse for them to cheer for the president to grab more powers for himself. The rest of us are tired of these decadent *******ards like Trump and DeVos leaching off the rest of us and using those in desperate situations to deflect. The cruelty is the point.

President Trump followed the legislative process.

No executive orders, just a legal and binding veto.

The future will look kindly on this endeavor.

In order to override the legislative process and subvert Congress’ power over the purse.

Does the law that Trump followed allow for him to do what he did?

If a previous congress passed the law, then Trump was not subverting the legislative process. Just like the legislative process allowed for the house and senate to vote to rescind the emergency, and the constitution allows for a veto of it.

He called this national emergency specifically because he lost in congress and subverted congress to get funding. THAT is how he subverted congress’ power over funding.

Did he follow the law?

Simple yes or no?

I know you like black and white but the world just isnt that way.

We’ll find out.

Why isn’t it.

You are not answering the question: Did he follow the law?

Its irrelevant. The whole reason Trump did this is relevant.

No it’s not irrelevant.

Did a previous congress pass a law allowing for a future president to declare a national emergency? yes or no.

Yep…in lib eyes, it’s different. :sunglasses: