House Democrats secretly passed a new rule that will see lawmakers get a $34,000 "pay raise"

:rofl:

Large house in the DC area, with staff? On $174,000 a year?

Come on no one was talking about the whole city. These people have a tendency to live in same general area. And yes I do believe that rent will increase. Other entities will see it and start paying more. It is a vicious cycle.

Why not buy or lease rooms at a hotel?

The barracks are good enough, but base housing of any sort is more than they deserve.

1 Like

$500 plus food included per night in NYC is good enough for migrants. Why not congress critters?

1 Like

They’re more spread out than you’d think. But the point is, we’re talking about a very small population here.

There are ten times more college students moving into those neighborhoods as members of Congress each year.

Because they’re better than us, and as long as it’s Dems, their voters’ reactions will be, “wellll, when you think about it, that kiwi is pretty damn tasty!” :wink:

2 Likes

Well, I’m sure the newly sat Rep majority will reverse this.

1 Like

Any day now.

I rest my case. :wink:

1 Like

Meh. But hey, as long as illegals get $500 per night and free food/health care maybe they have a leg to stand on. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Per night? That’s only $182,500 per year. A congress critter definitely needs more than that. It’s only 2.5x the national median income after all. :wink:

4 Likes

They were involved in that there are 3 of them (I believe) on the committee who voted on this proposal. This was not brought up to the House at large but was voted on and pproved by the House Admin Cmte only.

Can’t hold those who were not made aware of it, nor had the ability to vote on it responsible. As said, many didn’t even know about it until this week.

2 Likes

How many in DC who have to maintain 2 residences have that as their only income, or are not already wealthy. There may be a handful but not many.

2 Likes

No prob. The rules can be changed back first thing Monday morning

Some are more complicit than others.

Can they now own/buy a home in DC, rent it out to some other family and rent a second home in DC on the tax-payers?

They get to do Insider Trading all day, so why not? Laws are for us, not them. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

And ALL business is official business. Including monkey business.

2 Likes

Should have raised their pay instead. Any outrage should be aimed at why such high salaries are necessary not at the higher salary. We pay them so we don’t end up with only rich people being able to afford to do the job.