Homicide in Seattle's no-cop paradise

6 Sep 20?

1 Like

Local news sites seem to be commonly effected by this date bug when you share their links. No idea why. Click the article and you see the correct date.

I’m understanding that medics would not enter the dangerous zone and the victim died of blood loss.

Chop is officially the most dangerous place in the U.S. with an estimated population of 200 people and 2 gun shot victims one dead one injured making it a 2% chance of getting shot by a gun compared to St. Louis which is .18% chance of getting shot. The Summer of Love is here.

3 Likes

That is illegal in itself if proven to be true.

CNN: “It was a mostly peaceful shooting.”

2 Likes

Just the beginning of what a liberal utopia looks like.

Poison Ivy?

The figures are even worse that that since homicide rates are per year, but CHOP/CHAZ has only existed for two weeks (1/26 year).

If the population is 200 then the annual homicide rate per 100,000 inhabitants is

1 x 100000/200 * 26 = 13,000

For reference the average US rate is about 5. The highest rate for any city in the world is Tijuana at 134, which is still about 100 times lower than CHOP’s rate.

Autonomy is a bitch.

2 Likes

Here is an explanation from the police about why the ambulance was waiting to enter CHOP:

Due to SFD’s existing policy of staging and requesting law enforcement to first secure the scene before entering for scenes of violence, SFD units staged at Broadway and Pine St. at 2:25 a.m. This is a standard procedure for any scene of violence and is also currently in place for any fire and medical emergency inside the area deemed the CHOP due to firefighter safety.

Between 2:26 and 2:28 a.m. SPD officers staged at 12th Ave and Cherry St. and initially entered the scene but were unable to secure the location for SFD medics. Simultaneously, volunteer medics provided medical assistance to the first gunshot victim. The first victim was transported via a private vehicle and arrived at 2:42 a.m. at Harborview Medical Center. The first victim was pronounced deceased at Harborview Medical Center at 2:53 a.m.

1 Like

Why did they want hospitals? Can’t they take care of their own without help from whitey?

3 Likes

I saw the cops video…there is one guy in particular I thought needed a pony and puppy dog to feel safe. He was almost spasmodic in his expression of frustration and fear. And then some zombie looking trans came walking up to the cops too. weird people.

All the department’s I’ve seen have similar policies. Paramedics are unarmed and can’t do their jobs if they’re worried about being shot.

2 Likes

I was an EMT in Virginia Beach for 12 years. It was absolutely our policy not to enter certain parts of the city unless PD was there and had secured the scene.

I’m sure you thought that made sense in your head before you hit send.

It was an early report just after the shooting supposedly an argument over leadership in the occupied zone.

What’s the population of Chop, or Chimp (in the simian dailect). What does this make the murder rate of the newborn country of peace love and racial justice per year per 100,000 people?

And the summer of love is at it again or as some on the left said a peaceful place were they are all just play casting and reading poetry. Second night of shooting hits CHOP. For those wondering what a society would look like without the police look at CHOP.

A 17-year-old boy was taken to Harborview Medical Center with a gunshot wound around 11 p.m. Sunday, according to hospital spokeswoman Susan Gregg.

Maybe the Mayor has a different definition of “love”? :roll_eyes:

He appealed for those responsible to give themselves up to police, suggesting protesters would take a harder line: “Turn yourself in, because if you don’t … it’s better that the police get hold of you than they do.”

Surely he’s not suggesting…