Historically bad recession coming?

Us production has been increasing since things started to open up. That will continue. God willing the war will end in Ukraine. And global shipping bottle necks are improving.

In 08 entire companies vanished over night and trillions of dollars in assets were wiped out in a matter of weeks.

That is not what we are dealing with.

Not enough.

The pain is how you rate the recession, right? If it causes more pain than 08 it will be historic. I don’t think that will happen.

But we’ll see.

Already more pain being inflicted then in 08, inflation hits everyone, not just people with an ARM.

1 Like

We’ll see. But like I said, we didn’t wake up and find out Exxon was no longer a company.

This is not like 08.

Was the covid recession technically worse than 08?

that post is irrelevant

what you did was search for “recession” “thinkingman” and just quoted what came up as though you found something contradictory

but you wont elaborate on why you did that because you know how old it is, and that the context was vastly different.

instead you’ll play your childish posting games.

You tho I the only people who felt pain in 08 were ones with mortgages?

That’s pretty silly.

Yes that’s exactly what i did

I didn’t say it was contradictory. It is however squaking……

It’s a little over two years old. When a Republican was president.

Didn’t have any effect on me. More homeless, then or now?

right when people weren’t suffering in an rapid inflationary economy

like they are now

People were suffering other things at that time but that’s not actually important

It’s the squaking that’s important. When a dem is president. It’s still not contradictory by the way.

If they get the huge spending bill they want for “climate change” we may get an out and out depression.

These fools think they can spend massive amounts of money and print massive amounts of new money and make their way to prosperity. :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Wealth transfer.

3 Likes

no, it isnt.

when the repub is president with a killer economy your beloved media “squawk” constantly about “recession” as tho it’s looming. when bumbling idiot dems are in office tho democrat megaphone media find every way to avoid mentioning as it happens.

this is the reality and you know it

1 Like

My beloved media is also not important. I am addressing your positions.

Dems were predicting a recession when president trump was still a candidate.

That doesn’t change the fact the apparent need to squak….

Just remember you are not better - and now you know the point that i only made in my head ……

Dunno.

We’ll, who knows. For me 08 crushed us. Out business was down like 70%. Laid off nearly the entire company.

Today I have business booked through next spring.

Leads are definitely slowing down but in 08 we had people running through the door to cancel contracts.

This is not that for me.

You seem to be having the opposite…

I just don’t see the gaping hole in the economy.

200k business lost from 2008-2010. 100k lost from Covid already.

1 Like

Because it is not directly impacting YOU as you clearly stated.

We get to 25 percent unemployment like in the Great Depression nobody is going to think this whole thing is funny or good.

Plus the dems will lose power for a half century like the gop did following the 1st depression.

Manchin is saving their butts by not giving them everything they want and they hate him for it.