Historically bad recession coming?

“two consecutive negative growth needed SQWAK”

1 Like

the rate at which money is being printed and given out is astonishing

they know this will fall on upcoming admins tho. the talking points for the stupid are already written up

1 Like

Oh we’ve definitely had that.
2022 is shaping up to be one of those cases where the US meets the normal definition of recession and “they” don’t call it that.

6 Likes

no they do dont call it that true

they call it “putin’s Price Hike”. thats why the idiot cult left flies corrupt ukraine flags

2 Likes

No we haven’t but only because the 2q is not out. I agree that it will be negative growth.

The gift will never stop giving.

It comes out Tues even the Fed governors (rose glass brigade) estimates are that it is negative

I think we’re heading for recession for sure, and I can feel my business slowing down, but I just don’t think there is anything a deeply significant as the mortgage melt down causing this, so I doubt it will be historic.

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be a historic recession for it to cause historic pain when coupled with skyrocketing energy, food and housing costs.

1 Like

One can only hope!

1 Like

Always nice to have a substantial debate on the issues. Great job. The people won’t be blaming me come November.

1 Like

In case it matters for future reference:
even a garden-variety recessions often have a brief transition
during which there is stagflation.
A little bit of over lap is normal.
An extended overlap would not be.

you made no point here

(outside of your own mind)

Mhmm.

That’s not my post i am quoting….

In fact there was no post

Or spoon

still no point, but louder?

I just don’t think there is the same kind of systemic cannon shot through the hill of the global economy. I don’t think it will be historic.

It may be longer though as the root cause here is covid and we sure as hell haven’t seen the end of that yet.

On the other hand my industry is starting to see improvements in supply chain issues as companies implement work arounds and shift things around.

Energy is a systemic problem.

Nope didn’t use caps. More reiterating.

Let me know if you need to explain anything else.

For now let’s figure out if that post was real or just a figment

It doesn’t have to be super bad to cause a ton of pain given the other problems Americans are facing.

Us production has been increasing since things started to open up. That will continue. God willing the war will end in Ukraine. And global shipping bottle necks are improving.

In 08 entire companies vanished over night and trillions of dollars in assets were wiped out in a matter of weeks.

That is not what we are dealing with.