Historic U.S. Job Market Continues as African-American Unemployment Rate Hits New Low

I don’t know about hat. I credit Obama for steering us out of a serious recession and bringing our economy to a good place. It took longer than I would have liked so that is on Obama.

I have consistently given Trump credit from day one on the economy and jobs reports. I just don’t think it is the amazing accomplishment you do but still good.

Do you have any facts to back up your assertion that Democrats are abandoning the African-American vote in favor of Hispanic votes or is that just something you wish for?

1 Like

Hispanics outnumber African Americans for the first time ever. Democrats are courting them a little more aggressively. That is the same as abandoning African Americans lol.

Legal Latinos.

They were talking about voters, so yes, legal. I heard it on a radio newscast.

George W. Bush got about 45% of the Hispanic vote in 2004. He actively courted that group, appealing to this largely Catholic group’s conservatism on issues such as abortion. But when Bush proposed immigration reform during his second term and was stopped in his tracks by the right wing shouting amnesty, Hispanic support for Republicans collapsed to levels well below half of what Bush drew, even as the Hispanic proportion of the overall electorate has risen.

Whatever Democrats do to court the Hispanic vote, the larger determinant here is the Republicans driving Hispanic voters away. The Democrats can thank Republican policies and attitudes for putting states like Arizona in play in 2020.

1 Like

During 2 wars too

I remember dubya’s campaigns pretty well yup.

Trump has surely alienated some Hispanics I’m sure.

Statistically Trump has done very little – the demolition of Hispanic support for the Republican Party was done primarily the Conservative Entertainment Complex and the alt-right and affected both McCain and Romney’s campaigns. Trump has done nothing to revive Hispanic support but there was very little ability to drive it further down on his watch.

1 Like

He did absolutely nothing to steer us out of it, he engineered the worst and slowest recovery in history.

1 Like

They’ve basically ignored the black voters since they started trying to win the Latino vote in earnest.

Who do you think is hit hardest by flooding the country with illegals? It’s native born minorities.

They throw empty platitudes and promises of reparations etc to the black community every four years but once the election is over just more broken promises.

It was such a slow recovery, that he dropped unemployment as fast as Reagan did:

download

1 Like

You need to learn how to read a chart.

When you get that handled let’s talk about the double digit interest rates, UE, and inflation Reagan had to deal with at the time.

1 Like

:laughing: it’s almost like you’re saying the context of the specific economic environment needs to be taken into account when making lame partisan generalizations.

But sure, let’s pretend that the recession Obama inherited was just another whatever recession.

Compared to the conditions in 1981 when Reagan took office it was barely a dip.

Fact, Obama was responsible for the worst and slowest recovery in history.

2 Likes

I’ll take slow and steady over boom bust any day. Oh btw, Obama lowered unemployment quicker than Lord Reagan. Obama also dealt with a more structural and deep crisis.

Identity Politics :wink:

Why am I not surprised that you hold that opinion? :grinning:

3 Likes

What is the first thing administrations will consider when dealing with a recession?

Once you know that and compare Reagan to Obama, then you may achieve understanding.

When your getting over 90% of a voting demographic you no longer need to win them over every election, now if Republican where getting 30-40% of the black vote maybe you would see Democrat caring.