HILLARY UNHINGED: ‘They Were NEVER Going to Let Me Be President’

Originally published at: HILLARY UNHINGED: ‘They Were NEVER Going to Let Me Be President’ | Sean Hannity

A new tell-all memoir outlining the doomed presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton is hitting bookshelves this week; highlighting the twice-failed candidate’s initial reaction after hearing she would lose to Donald Trump.

The new book, Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling, sheds stunning new light on Clinton’s immediate response upon learning of Trump’s inevitable path to victory.

“After the convention, donors asked Brooklyn what they planned to do to pull Hillary’s trust numbers out of the toilet. The answer was always the same: nothing. Podesta would explain ‘I remember no one trusted Bill Clinton and he won twice,” writes reporter Amy Chozick.

“Of all the Brooklyn aides, Jen Palmieri had the most pleasant bedside manner,” Chozick adds. “That made her the designated deliverer of bad news to Hillary. But not this time. She told Robby there was no way she was going to tell Hillary she couldn’t win.”

“That’s when Robby, drained and deflated, watching the results with his team in a room down the hall from Hillary’s suite, labored into the hallway of the Peninsula to break the news,” she writes. “Hillary didn’t seem all that surprised. ‘I knew it. I knew this would happen to me….’ Hillary said, now within a couple of inches of his face. ‘They were never going to let me be president.’”

Read the full excerpt here.

I wonder who “they” are…

1 Like

Us…the deplorables.

It’s just more of Hillary arrogance.

1 Like

I thought she might be going down the old Illuminati conspiracy road or something.

Thank you Libs. She is just a wonderful failed progressive liar. We all get to see the personality and psyche that would have dominated the world news had your candidate won.

She’s a hoot. I only wish she tweeted more.

1 Like

There’s nothing terribly surprising there. Clinton already knew she was disliked if not outright hated by a significant percentage of Americans. It’s why her campaign was so giddy to see Donald run roughshod over the GOP primary; they figured their best shot was to go up against someone they considered completely unsuited for the job in both character and experience, and they expected the electorate to agree with them. They ran a lackluster campaign as a result, in particular ignoring key states they thought they had in the bag, and enough voters in those states gave Donald the EC victory.

That’s where I think her arrogance got the better of her. Yes, the “deplorables” she mentions in the article were never going to vote for her under any circumstance. Where her arrogance set her up to fail, however, is that she didn’t work hard enough to convince the rest of Americans that she was worthy of their support in any capacity other than as the means of stopping Donald.

The Russian government, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks?

1 Like

reptilians?

1 Like

Another Hillary thread? Started by a Republican? But clearly liberals keep her in the limelight.

“They” has expanded to almost everyone on the planet. Comey, Rissia, Stepford wives, the liberal media- I can’t think of anyone she missed- Oh yes I can- Hillary Clinton was not to blame.

No. She let the cat out of the bag a little. She knows we don’t pick the President. She’s talking about the good ol’ boys in cigar smoke filled rooms. The leaders of machines.

1 Like

Or maybe the denizens of Hell with whom she made a pact. But Lucifer feels like she might take his place. So… they hung her out to twist in the wind.

This sums it up very well. Hillary and her campaign team WANTED Trump as the nominee. They believed at the time that he would be the easiest to beat.

That wasn’t an unreasonable expectation, since most people thought Trump was a guaranteed loser in the general.

Hillary also had a sense of entitlement, she was due, and she had every right to be the first female POTUS.

Didn’t quite work out that way, and I doubt she will ever really get over it.

1 Like

Yes, actually they do, along with Hillary herself. This thread was started because of a new book coming out.

So liberals and Hillary are responsible for her still making news a year and a half after her defeat.

IMO, Hillary did campaign a bit too much in Iowa and NC while she didn’t campaign enough in MI and WI. However, if Hillary was able to win MI and WI, she still wouldn’t have had enough electoral votes to have won the Presidency. She would have still needed to have won PA or Florida, and she ended up campaigning quite a bit in those two States.

1 Like

This quote from the OP link, to me, sums up Hillary’s failure the best:

“The Deplorables always got a laugh, over living-room chats in the Hamptons, at dinner parties under the stars on Martha’s Vineyard, over passed hors d’oeuvres in Beverly Hills, and during sunset cocktails in Silicon Valley,” Chozick continues.

This is why Hillary lost to Obama, and why she lost to Trump.

She didn’t want to do the grunt work of a campaign and resonate with the millions of “regular people”.

She wanted to hobnob with the rich and famous.

This isn’t a class warfare thing…this is just a fact. I said it in 2008…and I said it during the 2016 run.

She wanted to hang with the powerful…and that killed her with the public.

PS Now I know what block quote does…

When Pa went for Trump he locked it up before WI and MI were in.

Everyone knew it…even CNN. The look on their faces said it all.

1 Like

Trump was able to win PA by flipping Erie and Luzerne Counties red and by having won Schuylkill County by a much larger margin than Romney.

No way man. It’s the Deep State. The same one that caused her to lose to Obama this first go-round, and the one out to get Trump now. They’re out there man. Them!! :rofl:

I never get tired of watching lib faces on Nov 8, 2016.

Their level of arrogance just choked their own laughter and ridicule of good Americans and turned it into … their tears.