Hillary Clinton cheering Americans dying

Don’t worry, if it ends up being helpful all these types of orders will end up being forgotten.

1 Like

Let me help you out. This is the very first post I placed in that thread.

At this point in time, based on the available data, this is much more media hysteria than a true emergency. Unless China is completely fabricating the numbers, this particular strain of coronavirus does not appear to be significantly more virulent than typical strain. It does not approach the severity of SARS or MERS and as of now has a transmission rate (R0 to keep it simple) that is somewhat high, but still much lower than SARS.

This could change. It could hit a huge population center, mutate and become more severe/transmissible. China could be drastically underreporting and we already have an emergency. I think both of those are unlikely.

As of now, it’s 99% hysteria and 1% real concern.

I’m sorry you don’t understand what any of that means.

Now we have an appropriate context for where both of us were on this on February 20th let’s rock

As of now, it’s 99% hysteria and 1% real concern.

I hope they do show benefit. The more weapons we have against the virus the better. This was more saying this is not an atypical thing to do when a rarely used medication, or medication typically used for other purposes, is expected to be prescribed more often. It’s a heads up to pharmacists saying you may see this medication more frequently, and you need to make sure it’s appropriate for the patient and that there are no contraindications the ordering provider may have forgotten or simply not know about (psoriasis, heart arrhythmia, liver problems, etc.).

Pretty sure if she gets it (Covid) she’s going to tell them no when it’s offered to her as a treatment. :mask:

Oh wait, in her case it will “justified”, right?

Pretty easy as a pharmacist to sit in judgement of doctors who prescribe something right up until that person dies because they didn’t feel that person needed the prescribed medication.

2 Likes

When a doctor prescribed a medication, that is not a final order to the pharmacist to fill that order. That pharmacist can decline for various reasons. If the medicine is contraindicated and leads to death or injury, the pharmacist can be held liable just as the doctor can.

And when withholding the medication causes the death?

I would hate to be that pharmacist.

4 Likes

Actually the pharmacist is completely protected in that situation.

If there’s a contraindication or anyting else indicating that it could be harmful to the patient then the pharmacist has the absolute Duty not to dispense it to the patient

At a minimum they be required to contact the prescribing physician and discuss the conflict Before dispensing.

I was more interested in this paragraph:

Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven treatments. Reports of this conduct will be evaluated and may be further investigated for administrative action. Prescribing any kind of prescription must also be associated with medical documentation showing proof of the medical necessity and medical condition for which the patient is being treated. Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.

Looks like you’ve edited one of your posts 6 times now and deleted a few more.

Wow. How’s that for context? Didn’t change that post, or omit basically the entire thing on that one?

Let me help you, by providing yet again the entirety of my post, with context.

I provided a link to the entire damn post right above it.

Try again

1 Like

When I click the link I get the whole post. :woman_shrugging:

Me too, perhaps Soto voice should take his own advice?

But hey, I’m sitting here shooting pigs so I can do this all night!

I promised the guys at the area food bank I try to bring them another ton by the end of the month and I’m getting close.

1 Like

That’s not a threat.

That’s a letter from the state advisory board reminding physicians the power to off label doesn’t mean silly nilly prescriptions of a drug for an off label purpose.

In this case it looks like a lot of physicians are prescribing these drugs prophylactically, and not as an attempt to save someone seriously ill from the disease.

That is definitely…and rightfully…grounds for investigative action.

She exposes even more how she thinks…how she concludes…what goes on inside her demented brain and why I’d never vote for her. I wonder if Hillaryites are wiping their brow or remain in ignorant denial?

Hillary supporters dried up on Nov 8, 2016.

That’s not nice WR. You are supposed to forget what they said early on so they can reverse themselves now without being called on it.

You are interfering with them being able to have it both ways.

Good job! :rofl:

3 Likes