Hey libs. Do you want to cure cancer or not?

Good Lord. The idiocy never ends. Against the wishes of the parents, Seattle schools are trying to eliminate their gifted programs. Why the hell would you not want to challenge your best students? You are holding back the future. The people who will cure cancer or invent the substitute for the gasoline engine. The reason? It appears to be some stupid assed attempt at “social justice.” What ever the hell that is. Schools should challenge kids. Let them go as far as their talents will take them. Not hold them back because other kids are not as smart. The lunacy continues.

No we dont. Very smart observation from you to figure it all out. We have secret meetings where we grow cancer cells and spread them via airplane chemtrails but you got us now… congrats

3 Likes

Ok. I like sarcasm. I’m pretty good at it myself. :+1:

Eliminating the gifted program: A good idea or a bad idea? Is “social justice” more important than delivering the best educational results we can get?

No, you are not

1 Like

Eliminating the gifted program: A good idea or a bad idea? Is “social justice” more important than delivering the best educational results we can get? :man_shrugging:

So one school’s decision equates to libs wanting to not cure cancer?
Quite the game of twister.

1 Like

It was the diligent research

Eliminating the gifted program: A good idea or a bad idea? Is “social justice” more important than delivering the best educational results we can get?

Hey cons! Do you want fat kids or not?

2 Likes

Eliminating the gifted program: A good idea or a bad idea? Is “social justice” more important than delivering the best educational results we can get? :man_shrugging:

Just as I suspected. Afraid to venture off the liberal plantation and express an independent thought. :rofl:

You got me now…

Please respect the community guidelines and not change the subject. Fair enough? Thanks in advance.

Change the title of the OP to be more accurate. ONE school district in Seattle voted to change the advanced curriculum in ONE middle school. There is nothing to do with “libs” or “cancer”.

1 Like

Oh for goodness sake, why don’t you answer the man’s question?

From the article:

When I was in middle school, we read Kurt Vonnegut’s “Harrison Bergeron,” a science fiction story about a future that achieved equality by handicapping those who were more talented than others. How else could we describe dismantling an education program entirely because it helps high-achieving students?

I remember this story.

And the article makes some valid points.

If white and Asian kids dominate a program for gifted students, what does that mean?

To me it’d mean that minority kids need to study harder to do better in school.

And not be torn down by their own community for doing so. Cuz that’s the problem. “What, you think you’re better than us?” has always been the bully’s mantra for when some kid is trying to move on up.

2 Likes

I wasn’t asking for advice. I was asking this:

It’s not a difficult question. Pretty straight forward.

If the school system doesn’t want it, they can remove it. These kids will go onto high school, and get into the gifted programs there. Still plenty of time to convert to libs and cure cancer.

Forget the guy’s stupid sarcasm.

Read the article, and address the article.

It is very concerning, on a number of levels.

It’s not only the minorities in Seattle (at least according to the article) who think “there’s too many white folks” in programs that they’re kids can’t get into, so they better be shut down.

1 Like

The parents don’t want it. The school system seems to favor social justice over education. Do you think that we should be shutting down advanced education because it doesn’t meet our racial expectations? Are we a little too obsessed with race in this case? What this could do is to turn a elite Seattle liberal parents into conservatives. So there is an upside.