Hey Democrats, Fighting Fair Is for Suckers

Trump’s apparently smarter than Obama, Bush or Clinton whether that makes him a supra-genius or not, well, we will let history decide.

What are you using the gauge this belief?

My last five words.

That does not make sense. You claimed he is smarter than these other President’s. And question whether history will judge him possibly as a super-genius. What are you using to gauge Trump being smarter than these other Presidents? Which was a statement of fact.

I said he is “seemingly smarter” because of what Trump has been able to achieve with the peace and disarmament talks to.

History will decide whether Trump is a brilliant negotiator and leader. We are dealing with North Korea after all, and the Kims have exhibited a bit of insanity in the past.

I know it can be all but impossible for a Trump-hater be be open minded, and envision any positive outcome where they might have praise for Trump.

Have you not been following the news over the last week or so? :confused:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/north-korean-officials-no-show-for-meeting-about-us-troop-remains/2018/07/12/9624d114-85ae-11e8-8589-5bb6b89e3772_story.html?noredirect=on&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.1e6171bbf85a

To some, it was an inevitable turn of events. “Those of us who know [the North Koreans] fully expected hiccups, if not eventual failure in the talks . . . probably even more so because of the lack of experience of the U.S. team, the fickle nature of the president, and the cleverness of the North Koreans,” said Lawrence Wilkerson, a former United States Army colonel and top State Department liaison to North Korea during the George W. Bush administration. “The one certainty among most of us is that Pyongyang will never be willing to give up what it has gained, rather it, at best, will seek to preserve those gains while getting as much as it can from the U.S. and South Korea.” A former top State Department official who worked in the region echoed the sentiment. “Honestly, I think this was to be expected. Not the hoped-for response, but very typical of the D.P.R.K.,” this person told me. “I think either they were playing [the U.S. and Trump] or—equally likely—got the wrong impression with all the POTUS puffery and flattery.”

Have I not been clear enough for you? The Kims have been given to insanity, to doing a 180 degree flips, after talking war, have severe sanctions placed upon them, only to see them suing for peace and playing the nice guy, to going back to insane lunatic.

History will tell us what the end results will be, but Trump has gotten Kim to actually fly across the ocean to talk peace. No one has done that.

But hey, you Trump-haters can pray it all falls apart, and gleefully cheer any post any and all signs that hint at a breakdown in negotiations, I have no doubts.

Yeah, because the Kims have repeatedly asked every president since Eisenhower for a summit and no one else was dumb enough to hand them an enormous propaganda victory in exchange for nothing.

3 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up:

Thank you for saving me the time. It is like these people are completely ignorant of decades of historical information that is readily available to them.

The d’souza playbook at it again.

I don’t think the three Americans released from a North Korean prison would say it was for nothing.

Trump could have made a fantastic Obama-styled deal, and flown in an unmarked cargo plane to North Korea, loaded with pallets filled with billions of dollars in cash, in the form of Swiss Francs.

Or Trump could have repeated another awesome Obama negotiation decision and exchanged fifteen Taliban terrorist prisoners for three American war deserters.

You mean awesome deals like those?

I’m pretty sure someone (@adroit perhaps?) has detailed out for you the hostages that were released from NK during the Obama administration. And he did not have to concede one of the largest bargaining chips we held (a face-to-face between heads of state) in order to achieve this.

Are you just incapable of reading what I’ve posted? I have not in any way portrayed this North Korea negotiations with pie in the sky optimism. I have very plainly related my doubts and concerns of the positive outcome of these negotiations. I’m just not rooting for failure and mocking anyone not like-minded to the same, like all you Trump-haters seems to be doing.

So just stop with your immature piling on with all the other peanut gallery simpletons, that plague so many of these discussions.

What large bargaining chip was that, canceling a Team Spirit military exercise?

It was typed clearly in my post. Three generations of Kim’s have been begging to sit down with the POTUS, as a means to legitimize them and their regime on the global stage. By deciding to do just this, without SIGNIFICANT verifiable concessions being made by Kim Jong Un, our current President does just that. And this bargaining chip no longer exists. Poof…into thin air it goes. That is a loss for America and a win for North Korea.

So if a meeting with Kim to conduct peace negotiations, was what it might take to get peace, then you’d rather not do it, and risk nuclear war with them?

You’re missing the point. Of course I want to see peace. And of course I believe it needs to come from diplomatic ends. But the face-to-face meeting between the two heads of state comes at the END of the negotiations, after there has been verifiable concessions and actions already taken, that can be well proven. The reason it comes at the end, is because it is something that North Korean leaders have sought for literally decades. They have sought it for decades, because it gives them legitimacy on the global stage. It also gives them propaganda that they can use to further solidify their reign over their people.

Also, it comes at the end, because if it fails when done at the beginning, and the Norks renege on their alleged agreements, then it makes the superior negotiating party, the US here, look weak and incapable. It removes our ability to convince the rest of the world to follow us in extreme pressure via sanctions. It lessens other nation’s resolve to not trade with NK. The blame for the failure in diplomacy can be shared between the two nation’s, as opposed to solely being laid at the feet of NK. All of which is what is exactly happening right now, as we speak.

And all of which was warned ahead of time, when Trump erratically made the decision to hold this summit. We are now in a substantially weaker position with NK, and have less support from nation’s key to the region that are necessary to have in order to prevent possible war. What Trump did was not take a shot at peace. What he did was hasten the chances of war. It was a terrible move, and every single foreign policy expert worth their salt that deals with NK or Asia is in agreement over this.

So tell me, how has this worked out for us in the past?

We played nice, built them nuclear reactors, provided them billions in free fuel, we turned the other cheek, we tried sanctions, we tried lecturing them, we have tried it all… and here we were in January 2017 with nuclear tipped missiles most likely pointed at our Pacific allies, and possibly even at the USA.

So when a NoK nuke does detonate in Japan, we can hold our heads high and proclaim, damn glad we did not try a face-face negotiation.

Boy did I call it didn’t I libs?

This impeachment and saying we cannot allow the people to make that decision.

No you didn’t.

And the latter part is not reality. I know you believe it is real and true. But we don’t have to indulge your fantastical conspiracy. Feel free to continue to believe it though. It’s revealing.

1 Like