Hey BLM supporters. Y'all got played

Note that he specifically said, “LARGELY DETERMINED”.

Nothing is a cut-and-paste guarantee. There are always exceptions. But by and large, the things Eagle listed will generate better opportunities (an help prevent pitfalls).

And I want to address choices. Even what you linked, @Guilds, shows an example of choices:

Staying or moving can be a choice. (And I’ll preempt the standard counter-argument… OF COURSE that’s not always a choice for every person!)

Also choices in parenting – especially the choice not to have both biological parents in the household. Ditto involvement with kids. Parenting creates either a foundation upon which a kid can grow, or rubble that leads to many of the social and developmental ills that launch a kid in one direction or another.

And given that this is a BLM thread, and therefore should be focused on the black lives that are supposed to matter, many negative choices have become generational in the black demographic.

It is not being ignored, it is trying to be addressed. But too many people are not listening.
Multiple studies have laid out what would work…but it will cost money. A lot of money.

Can’t have that when tax cuts and deregulation are the core issues for Republican donors.

Government won’t change the generational and cultural factors that launch so many black kids in the wrong direction. It has to come from the population itself. It has to come from leaders – black leaders.

BLM could be that. Instead it plays into the negative cultural factors that are so ready to riot and loot.

That is the key argument of that study.
They use statistics, and data to make their case, with many real life examples.
What are you using? Gut feeling? Years of study on the effects of poverty?

Apparently simply moving is not a viable choice for these folks…or they would simply just move.

You forgot to call them thugs.

Oh give it a rest.

You quoted where I said that moving can be a choice. What study do you need for that?

And I preempted what I knew you would try to come back with, and STILL you went with it.

Damn, you’re libbing as hard as you can now,

You forgot to pretend that you make smart posts.

You seem proud of the stupid garbage you post.

Did you read the link?

BLM could help a lot of people move with all that cash they’re funneling into salaries and real estate.

You’re carrying water for crooks.

The problem with listing those factors is the belief that they are unaffected by the system in which they are embedded, and operate in the exact same way no matter what.

They don’t.

This is why citing them alone is shallow and superficial.

They are important factors…there is much in our system that impacts their effectiveness.

It’s easy to say “Be better parents!” or “Make better decisions!”

A lot harder to understand why this often doesn’t happen through little fault of the people involved.

1 Like

Well YOU might believe that. :roll_eyes:

I can’t help you with your unreasonable assumptions.

It won’t work. It has never worked.

Why should 90% spend one dime for <10%?

How much is enough? Going back to reconstruction, how much has already been spent?

And look at the lack of results. The people who want to make it already are. Systemic racism ended in 1976. Now you want to redefine “systemic”.

No.

It’s over.

1 Like

I knoooooow…now I’ll see ya next year and tell me what’s been done in this area…k? You’re part of the group of tail chasers who just kick the can of problems down the road, all while hoping to see that invisible “V” on your forehead when you look in the mirror.

There’s multiple examples. NRA, RED Cross, Lakewood Church, YMCA, Salvation Army… There aren’t many where the top dog is living like a peasant.

I have offered actual possible solutions.

It is true, Republicans will block any and all legislation that helps regular people.

So the chance of any real solutions being implemented, is slim.

The R’s are the can kickers…and you keep voting for them.

The big ones like the ones you mentioned, are very well paid.

From Salary.com

The average Executive Director, Non-Profit Organization salary in the United States is $152,800 as of March 29, 2022, but the range typically falls between $125,300 and $189,500. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession

My Brother in law is an ED at a nonprofit school for autistic kids and adults.

He is a bit more than the average.

It is good money…but it not crazy good money.

I looked at the Salvation Army…CEO is about $100k

No you haven’t. You “offered” the same failed crap.

Sounds like your lib pols don’t want to listen to you.

Ditto BLM, which this thread is actually about. They’re glad to take your financial support though.

1 Like

You essentially ignored just about everything I said.

Hey, BLMers. It’s all OK now. BLM issued an apology about the house.

The apology wasn’t for “investing” your money though. They apologized because the story grew legs.