Here we go again... election integrity

It Biden really won the dems would be leading the audits not fighting them tooth and nail.

1 Like

Oh please. Liberty is doing just fine. Things are going pretty good. When did we get so soft?

Kinda unique that J’Biden winning thing. Now everyone gets to see what a worthless piece of ■■■■ his lying, plagiarizing ass had been for the last 50 years while enriching himself and his family.

2 Likes

They want to trace 600$ money transfers… They have Jim crow vax laws. The FBI works for the dems.
Why is Assange still in jail. They unmasked hundreds of Americans with FISA lies and no one goes to jail. You must not be watching. There is so much more.

2 Likes

Signature. Thats it. Wife, kid, neighbors dog, whatever.

1 Like

Trump losing has nothing to do with it. Changing requirements midstream…come on now, only one reason to do so.

1 Like

Exactly how would anyone know. Plenty of fraud can simply go undetected.

2 Likes

Neither does looking for a waiver for a simple requirement in the midst of an election. Well, doesn’t make sense unless you don’t like what your seeing at the time.

1 Like

The fact that a safety measure isn’t implemented by other states does not mean that their decision s correct. We simply don’t know how many of their mail in ballots are fraudulent. This is the old “we don’t need a way to detect fraudulent votes because we have not detected fraudulent votes” argument.
And it is irrelevant here, because Virginia has implemented a legal requirement for witnessing mail in ballots. People who don’t like the law can propose changing it the next time the legislature meets.

2 Likes

Good Lord.

Just follow the damn law. God these people suck.

Maybe it’s time for the FBI to investigate parents trying to have input on their kids education cause they are the real threat to our Republic.

1 Like

One only has to look at the boundaries of districts to see that calls for election integrity are mere lip service. The ninjas audit has nought to do with election integrity and everything to do with voter suppression.

Would that necessitate the witness to require a witness?

If this is true, what is the point of it? They have no way to verify the witness signature, and thus no way to verify the vote.

I’m with the Dems on this one: dump this entirely meaningless “security precaution”.

If true, this is meaningless and pointless.

Yeah. A pandemic.

2 Likes

So having had a couple minutes to reflect on this, it seems to be a diabolical vote suppression mechanism in the guise of vote security.

Can a vote be challenged based on the witness signature? If so, who gets to make the challenge? Partisan volunteers working for the voting board?

If the challenge is made, what efforts can be made to cure the ballot? Does the board contact the voter? Or is the voter required to monitor their vote online? Does the board try to confirm the vote with the witness? Are these attempts made in good faith? What if the voter or the board can’t locate the witness?

This is a crap law begging to be abused, and it should be thrown out.

2 Likes

My wife here in VA has been making cure calls all week. Yesterday she told me about an elderly shut-in woman who didn’t know anyone to ask to witness, and was deathly afraid of COVID. She didn’t want to approach her apartment manager because she knew they were of different political orientation. It’s not a simple thing for some people.

2 Likes

I thank you for your response. It is helpful to have someone actually there for correct perspective.

Please keep an eye on this thread, and keep us posted, if you can.

My post was slightly tongue in cheek because I have very significant doubts that Republican politicians have any interest in maximising voter turnout.

Yeah, I get you.

Here’s the thing though: Virginia us what we call a “trifecta” over here, which means the Dems control both houses and the governor’s mansion

So if there are shenanigans, Dems will likely be the culprits