Here is why Dems shouldn't be in power

Because they believe in crap like this:

Also in the legislation is language that would allow the a second round of stimulus checks, $1,200 per adults and $500 per dependant, to be extended to those without a social security number – including those in the country illegally who file taxes via an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

If you are in this country illegally the only thing you should get, pandemic or no pandemic is a oneway ticket home!

The $2.2 trillion bill includes language that allows some illegal immigrants – who are “engaged in essential critical infrastructure labor or services in the United States” – to be placed into “a period of deferred action” and authorized to work if they meet certain conditions.

Hell no. They should be deported and have a citizen or LEGAL immigrant take their place.

It also grants protections to those employers who hire those undocumented immigrants, ordering that “the hiring, employment or continued employment” of the defined group is not in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act. That lasts until 90 days after the public health emergency is ended.

Hell no. They employers if knowingly hire illegals should face extreme fines at a time like this.

It’s language that was included in the first House Democratic stimulus bill proposed back in May – a bill that was ultimately rejected in the Republican-controlled Senate.

And it should be made crystal clear, it won’t pass the senate in this form and Trump will veto if included.

I guess I’m going soft because I’ll agree to payments to legal immigrants.

If they have an ITIN number they’re paid more taxes to the Fed than Trump, so no problem with that. They’re not deadbeats like that guy.

12 Likes

Isn’t another name for legal immigrants “citizen”?

1 Like

Seems to me that at this time we really need every available person that are essential to be at their posts during this pandemic.

1 Like

Do they pay more taxes than Trump? Yes?

3 Likes

No/ not all of them have chosen to become citizens.

What is the unemployment rate? We can move some from unemployment to be working.

And how long would it take to train them? And who is going to pay for that?

1 Like

From the article:

“The $2.2 trillion bill includes language that allows some illegal immigrants – who are “engaged in essential critical infrastructure labor or services in the United States” – to be placed into “a period of deferred action” and authorized to work if they meet certain conditions.”

They would probably be safe if Biden is elected, but if Trump is re elected wont they have just provided the government with a list of people who are here illegally? A “deferred action” is not the same thing as a permanent amnesty.

If they are deemed essential then I think that they are doing important work. And that means that they are not breaking laws and working hard. And the money that they will be getting will be going right back into the economy for rent, food, etc.
And if Biden is elected I think that any talk about immigration reform will be on the back burner until we have a handle on controlling the virus.

1 Like

Are those the green card holders?

Legal? Yes and others. Students and other work permits.

I’m a bit surprised you’re willing to give taxpayer money to visitors but in the big scheme of things it’s probably rounding-error money and not enough to break a deal – money wise.

My personal preference is to citizens only (and not in prison/jail/convicted). I’m compromising.

1 Like

No, it’s not.

Green cards are not “visitors”, they are legal residents.

1 Like

Biden has already said that he will end deportations except for those with some felonies.
That, of course, will cause an immediate new rush to our border.
And, of course, you can’t be mean to the people breaking in.