Here is an example of systemic racism?

People who have time to feel oppressed by microaggressions, the name on things and inanimate objects are not oppressed at all … not one jot.

2 Likes

This nation is a great nation…

No nation in history has done more to recognize its own flaws and to correct them.

The daily drumbeat of racist racist racist has actually reached the point of pure stupidity.

Is there something wrong with my “Whiteness”? No
Is there anything wrong with brownness or redness or blackness? No…

If we could spend less time inventing racism that doesn’t exist then maybe we could spend more time trying to make America and even Greater place for all people.

4 Likes

So basically everybody is racist?

Even if they don’t know it?

Win/win for the dividers.

1 Like

Hear! Hear! Well said indeed! :+1:

“When you’re looking for your heart’s desire…if you have to look any further than your own backyard, you probably never really lost it in the first place?” Dorothy of The Wizard of Oz :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

My theory is that racism in America must be in very short supply…since so many smartest guys in the room seem committed to inventing new racism at every opportunity.

3 Likes

That is the perniciousness involved in this thing, admit your privilege, if you aren’t an anti racist you are a racist, whiteness, step aside and make room, bunch of racist clap trap. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

4 Likes

And if they aren’t, we need to teach them to be.

then why did they extend her the chair offer?

They are not ashamed, they are proud of their racism.

Who is “they”? When you answer that, you’ll come closer to understanding the answer.

Because the public was asleep. They woke up and racists are on the outs.

2 Likes

I totally agree.

The key words there are Clap Trap. :+1:

Also the way folks gobble up Marxist “criticism” because it’s about race now is cute.

Or as I said in another thread: if folks proverbially shred a cow pad (critical theory in all its forms) all over their spaghetti (discussions on race) like it was cheese they shouldn’t really expect others to stick around for dinner.

2 Likes

Everybody has biases…some more than others.

I was addressing the idea that “systems can’t be biased”.

This is utterly false.

Indoctrination is the only answer then.

Get them while they are young so those subconscious racist views are not applied to the real world.

If we get everybody to realize their subconscious racism we can eradicate it.

Pretty sure you aren’t supposed to say that out loud.

2 Likes

As is the feeling that the other person is racist.

Now see, this is the problem. The assumption that the bias is racial because the outcomes don’t line up. The belief that if they were the same race, the outcomes would be equal. “It has to be racism, he’s black!”

First port in a storm. Off the hook.

1 Like

Was the character Chef removed from South Park because of systemic racism or because Issac Hayes stormed out burning his bridges behind him?

Or would it have been racism to keep Chef with a new voice actor imitating Hayes?