Help with the Irs

I need help. In 2010 my identity was stolen and someone filed a income tax return under my social security number. I have now been issued a pin every year by the IRS in order to file my taxes. This year I never received the pin number in the mail. I have been trying to file my taxes since March. I recently found out from a Tax Advisor that if I were to mail in my tax form I would not get my return until about three months. I am currently out of work, the IRS owes me $9,000. How in the world am I going to get in touch with them to mail me a pin number, when I live in Florida and even though so-called essential businesses are open I cannot reach a single person in the IRS just to ask them to mail the damn pin number. I cannot use a self-help site since I have no credit cards and I have no car loans I am debt-free and plan to stay that way. I need someone to help shine light on the fact that people like myself are suffering yet the government owes us money mail me a PIN number irs… Get to work!

1 Like

I’m in the “secret PIN” boat too.

Several years after the ID breach, I overlooked putting my PIN on the return. I couldn’t e-file, and I couldn’t figure out why. I did a mail-in filing, and I got my return in less tan a month. So the three-month prediction may be overly cautions. (Caveat: Each year is different, so my 2014 experience (or whenever it was) may not match this year’s experience. But at least I wanted to share that experience with you.)

Doesn’t help you get that PIN now, of course. Your tax advisor has no help for you on that?

2 Likes

She was the one that advised me to wait it out to efile.