Have you chosen salvation by scapegoat? Is that Moral?

There were times in the OT when God commanded people to kill other people. We are not in OT times. Not only are we now under a new form of government, but we are under a new covenant. God’s law doesn’t prevent you from committing murder just as it doesn’t prevent man run governments from punishing you if you do.

We rejected God’s rule back in Samuel and we are reaping what we have sown. Free will isn’t all it’s cracked up to be is it? As I said, and have implied, we are unwise children given rules by a loving, infinitly wise father. We DON’T understand what we do but we are given free will to do it anyway. The price of our foolishness is death, which Jesus chose to pay in our place, but if you wish to pay it, He will let you do that too.

You seem pretty sure of yourself

I’m sure of God and his word…

Oh ok. So are ISIS fighters who behead non believers who CHOSE not to convert

Of course not and the only reason you make no distinction is because you don’t believe in God and have no understanding of Christianity.

Indeed you will. “Every knee will bow.”

But it’s the persons choice not to convert. They had the choice not to be beheaded.

Or else what. God will behead us?

" The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Who can know it?"
This is a direct quote Meri. We are selfish and sinful by nature. We are drawn to sin like a moth the light. We love it, we revel in it. We have only to look at our society to see what we are without the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit. Like it or not, WE contribute to the evils of society. If you agree with me that adultry and fornication are wrong but then watch it in a movie, you are tacitly approving of it. God says it’s wrong, you don’t take a firm stand against it. Where is your heart? Deceived by telling yourself " it’s only a movie" ?

I was told, in this topic, my words influence people. How much more a movie? We are not capable, no matter how loving and diligent we are, to keep God’s commandments. We sin and thus fall short of the Glory. Sin demands a price, namely, death. This is what Jesus did for us- paid that price. We do not have to accept his payment on our behalf, but the payment is due. How will you pay it?

No, you get cast into Hell. We’ve circled right back to the beginning…

In that circumstance, yes they did have a choice. What’s your point? You have a choice too.

So like ISIS, if you dont believe in God, you get punished in a grotesque way

Exactly. It’s not the fault of ISIS for beheading a non believer. They gave non believers a choice.

ISIS torturing people for not being Muslim == bad, ugly, immoral

God torturing people for not believing Jesus == loving, great, holy

ISIS use Koran

Chrustians use the Bible

ISIS didn’t create life. God did. ISIS doesn’t rule with mercy and grace. God does. ISIS can’t answer your prayers. God can. ISIS doesn’t offer to die in your place. God did. ISIS can’t give you life eternal. God can.

Again, you have no understanding of God. I hope that changes.

Peace…

Nah I get it. Only your God is allowed to eternally torture people for not believing in Jesus. “Mercy and grace” lol

Oh I do. God is much greater than a petty torturer. Hes certainly not like an ISIS soldier that beheads non believers.

Let’s not stop there. The entire quote:

"More tortuous than all else is the human heart, beyond remedy; who can understand it?

"I the Lord, alone probe the mind and test the heart, TO REWARD everyone according to his ways, according to the merit of his deeds."

This is not a matter of which movie we watch. It goes to motive of why we do things. How often do we do something because it benefits us in some way? How often do we talk ourselves out of doing something we should do, giving ourselves a very reasonable excuse? Therefore, God will judge our hearts. I am willing to leave that judgement to Him. Honestly, half the time I don’t know all the reasons why I make the choices and decisions I do.

Christianity uses a symbol of torture.

1 Like

Exactly how Jesus commanded that we pay it–turn from disobedience to obedience and our sins are forgiven. Jesus gave his life to drive home this message.