Have Trump's COVID policies saved two million lives?

Fauci didn’t convince Trump to ban travel from Chi-NA

The projections grossly unreliable to begin with.

Wrong. Deaths with Rona not “from”. The whole count is positively ridiculous…right along with the process to protect us will end up causing more pain, suffering and death…than it saved.

The IHME estimates provided on March 25th project mean total deaths by 8/4 of 81,114, with a range of 38,242 (lower) to 162,106 (upper). The actual total deaths on 8/4 was 161,683 according to worldometers.

So they were actually pretty close, even early on.

You appear unable.

Oh, this BS?

Tell us, how many people that die from the flu do so directly from the virus, and not from a myriad of complicating factors in the host?

So the guy that was obese, caught the virus and subsequently passed… he died from obesity? Like, suddenly in 2020 obesity is just killing people on a scale we’ve never seen before? Same with people with compromised immune systems? These people would most likely otherwise be alive and continuing to live with their underlying condition, same as they had for years prior, but suddenly in 2020 they all succumb to these issues? Not the virus, the underlying issues?

That’s your “logic”?

1 Like

Congratulations… your response to @NebraskaFootball makes zero sense whatsoever.

1 Like

They were forced on our liberty.

Trump should get credit.

Then we were politicized with selective shutdowns.

Now Biden pretends he had a clue…a virus epiphany…while secluded in his basement until WI looked lost.

It doesn’t need to.

Indeed. I understand basic math. Basic logic. Basic if-then scenarios. This is very fundamental stuff. I cannot explain why grown adults who are actively engaged in politics cannot comprehend such basic stuff. I’m unable to explain why it is such a struggle for some folks.

Interesting.

While I disagree with much…I am able to understand philosophy and motivation from those I disagree with.

Those wild model predictions were always a double edged sword.

I disagree.

They’re not so wild if you understand that assumptions they’re based on…

Which you clearly don’t.

1 Like

Not really. The “if” part of the if-then scenario was very, very clear. If we did nothing at all, then we could see 2 million dead. That’s a very easily understood proposition.

So Trump gets credit.

Not so complicated.

I am not a Boris Johnson supporter nor a supporter of the Tories; however Johnsons address to the British public shows how a leader should communicate.

Mod Note

Sure wish you hadn’t done that. Members have been warned multiple times. If you felt it was a violation you had several possible courses of action. You chose the wrong one. Please do not attempt to use “Mod” as a weapon.

Oh, and you could always ask.

In my opinion, it defies “basic logic” to blame the President of the United States for COVID deaths.

My evidence:

So if we (Trump) did nothing then 2 million deaths. By logical extension, what we (Trump) did do saved how many?

In reality, when Trump announced the ban on foreign nationals coming through China, only Russia, Mongolia, and North Korea had closed their land borders with China. It is unclear what the flight restrictions existed even for those countries.