Has it been stated somewhere that we will never get the edit button back?

I’m trying to decide whether to just assume we’ll never get it back, and therefore be pleasantly surprised if it actually does re-appear.

Sorry if I’m being a nudge, but this seems like such a simple function, and I’m not understanding why this has not been fixed yet.

Has this been explained and I missed it?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Seriously, it’s been a month and a half now since it went away.

Is it too much to ask for specifics regarding why it’s not back yet?

Delete works. If you want to edit a post, you can copy your post, delete it, and then go back to the post you were addressing, quote, paste and then edit it before replying. It’s a bit cumbersome, but it works.

I’m aware of that trick, but that doesn’t help when you start a thread and people start discussing the thread. Can’t exactly go back and delete the OP and start over.

Honestly, this shouldn’t be rocket science. We’ve all been pretty patient, but we’re pushing the 2 month point without having an edit button. I get it, new forum new problems, but this really seems to be one that should take a top priority.

Not to be overly critical, but the forum software doesnt have problems, it’s the operators. Just wanted to clarify that.

The message refusing to fix such a basic feature of bulletin boards couldn’t be clearer.

This forum is nowhere even close to being a priority of its owner(s).

Which is fine, but at least have the decency to say that.

And if that isn’t the intended message…well, by ignoring the issue and never commenting on it, it’s the message that’s being sent regardless.