Has anyone been following what happening to so-called Democracy Down Under?

Pure, unadulterated nonsense.

1 Like

Its not about elections, its about what your government is doing to you under the guise of doing it for you.

2 Likes

Donā€™t play dumb. You only have one national government.

2 Likes

When is the last time you took your AR out to the range?

1 Like

I have listed the state and territory elections that have occurred in Australia since the start of COVID-19 pandemic. In every one of those elections the voters have had the chance to change the government if they wanted to. Elections that are run independent of the current government in free elections that did include the opportunity to vote by mail.

I donā€™t believe I have ever said there was more than one national government.

Again ā€¦ Its not about elections, itā€™s about the government doing whatever they want to you because you no longer have the means to resist.

Sure you did ā€¦ When you asked the question ā€œwhich government was that?ā€

I most assuredly did not.

As bad as our police are, if those videos are depictive, Australia seems to be slipping into tyranny very swiftly. That is police state stuff. Very bad.

4 Likes

Nonsense. West Australians had the chance to kick the Labor government out in March of this year.

It is very selective to match a certain agenda. This provides some background:

ā€˜Disgrace to the nationā€™: Veterans slam protesters at Melbourneā€™s Shrine of Remembrance (sbs.com.au)

Background but not much about police brutality.

This from the article is concerning and smacks of state controlled media;

News choppers were grounded under the four-day order but will be allowed to take to the air in future, subject to approval and publishing footage on a 60-minute delay or after an operation has finished.

1 Like

There is an appeal process against that decision.

Check this link out. As expected, there is more here than meets the eye from these brief snippets on twitter

It should be a slam dunk to repeal it, but thatā€™s a level of audacity that should concern anyone, greatly.

There always is. But having to get approval before showing protest footage? NOT good.

Thanks. I have seen that article.

I knew they would rue the day the personal firearms went away.

2 Likes

The Australian government.