Harvard Scientists to Release Sun-Dimming Sky Chemical in 2019

That’s no different than saying the physics is absolute around things like the greenhouse effect, heating up of the atmosphere, etc. A myriad of natural events can occur that can factor in to the equation, but the physics is absolute.

if you remembered (learned?) 8th grade science you would know that experiments are not meant to solve problems.

dont worry most people dont

1 Like

That’s an interesting post, because one of the reasons that scientists experiment is to solve problems.

scientists who perform experiments often have problems they want to solve, but the experiment is not meant to solve the problem.

hey it’s ok the fact that most people dont know/remember the scientific method is in large part why things like “global warming” etc are thought to exist.

your posts sound ignorant, but you ll be popular.

Uhhhh…

sci·en·tif·ic meth·od

noun

1. a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

It is a true statement that scientists perform experiments on occasion with the goal of solving a problem with those experiments.

It is also a true statement that one goal of scientific experiments is to solve problems in a general sense.

Thank you for thinking that my posts sound ignorant.

I will never have an opinion about your posts.

I consider having an opinion about an anonymous Internet person to be a waste of my time. Just typing these words explaining my view to you took away a few seconds of my life.

But I’m an occasional altruist, so you’re welcome.

2 Likes

yeah uhhh…

experimentation is part of the scientific method. thats part of my point

lol

i love newbies

dont worry you ll still impress a couple posters in here with this nonsense

The scientific method is all about hypotheses, which is a prediction you create prior to running an experiment. A strong hypotheses consist of three distinct parts: a definition of the problem, a proposed solution, and a result.

I was happy with my post. That was my goal.

ooh you can read wikipedia. if you actually applied this you might start to question the “global warming” hysteria

note how it says nowhere that experiments are used to solve problems

oh i have no doubt

Glad I could teach you something! Go ahead and re-read my three posts if you are confused about the scientific method and problem solving.

That’s good. I’m glad we achieved a meeting of the minds.

i already knew what you copied from wikipedia because i learned it in 8th grade

you are still, however, unclear about what experiments are for

just like the “lets try anything no matter how idiotic” poster you are defending.

Your avatar and name are really deceptive!

1 Like

mmkay thanks for flailing with insults

The funny thing is carbon emissions registered their smallest decline in four years in Trump’s first year as President and are forecast to rise in 2019 and 2020.

So…you were saying?

What? It’s just that you called me “Wikipedia” when I gave you a clear answer, you don’t seem to want to think, just argue!

i did no such thing