Happy Nathan Bedford Forrest Day Everyone!

Sure. :rofl:

1 Like

Yep.

Yep. Biden says really stupid and insensitive ■■■■■

This is new?

How can that be? An honored guest right here on these forums told me racism in Tennessee was almost non existent!

Yes, you’re very proud that republicans in 2019 have decided to honor a former Grand Wizard of the Klu Klux Klan and traitorous general who ordered the massacre of union troops that already surrendered because they were black. He’s your kind of guy. Got it. Another stand-up Christian saying his piece.

2 Likes

And his failure to tell them to stuff it I will do no such thing amounts to tacit approval.

2 Likes

Of course not…vote for the modern day con-federates.

Yea, I was thinking that’s what I would do.

I can’t even imagine considering a different choice. I bet Trump loves the guy.

And not in 1868, but in 2019.

1 Like

Didn’t see this coming.

4 Likes

That’s messed up.

He needs to mind Texas.

I’m sure he still plans on running for President at some point and not of just Texas.

1 Like

Nah, he’s done.

I remember stopping at a local restaurant in Chattanooga when I was in high school. There was a photo of Nathan Bedford Forrest on wall. It was pretty shocking to me at the time. Not so shocking anymore.

I mean of the low hanging fruit of terrible Confederates who should not be honored… Nathan Bedford Forrest is someone we can all agree that he shouldn’t have a statue and should in no rational world have a day to honor him?

Right?

Wrong! - most trump supporters.

1 Like

Actually, they are.
They’re not hiding it anymore.

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1149847505493999617?s=21

The sad part is that that is the same rationalization my mom gives.

Aw come on, you know THAT would be all kinds of awesome!