Happy Independence Day. The day that makes a site like this possible

When you think about it. In America a site like this is possible…because in declaring our independence, we declared certain rights. One such right is our ability to speak openly and without fear of recriminations from our government.

So whatever side of the aisle you are speaking from…remember our independence gives us that right…

Happy Independence day to you all.

K1 out!

1 Like

Happy 4th to you.

Enjoy it !

1 Like

Happy 4th everybody

Happy Independence Day/4th of July everyone!

1 Like

Don’t want to rain on anyone parade…but our Independence’s is in jeopardy.

1 Like

Oh…happy Independence day…

I hope everyone has a happy and safe day. God Bless America!

1 Like

Thomas Jefferson was invited to the 50th anniversary celebration of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, which would turn out to be the day on which both he and John Adams would die. Responding to the invitation, explaining that he was unable to travel to Washington, in his last letter he wrote:

"May it be to the world, what I believe it will be, (to some parts sooner, to others later, but finally to all,) the Signal of arousing men to burst the chains, under which monkish ignorance and superstition had persuaded them to bind themselves, and to assume the blessings & security of self-government. That form which we have substituted, restores the free right to the unbounded exercise of reason and freedom of opinion. All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view. the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately, by the grace of God. These are grounds of hope for others. For ourselves, let the annual return of this day forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."

Not all eyes have yet opened to the rights of man, but the opening continues.

1 Like

Happy fourth

You do realize a plethora of other countries also allow message boards to operate freely. Its not something unique to the US.

Slow moving showers and thunderstorms are forecast for DC today and tonight.

2 Likes

Happy 4th!!

2 Likes

You own one of those Bust Out Another Thousand things?

Hole in the water you throw money in.

And to think I almost didn’t open this thread…………I just expressed that same sentiment in another thread.

Without the U.S. none of this would have been possible.