GW...nah..nothing to worry about

It isn’t anthropogenic. Panic isn’t a plan.

Want to move away from coal, fine. The plan has to be comprehensive. “Screw 'em, they can find another job!” is not a plan.

1 Like

We are installing A/C in our house in Maine.

Preparing for the future.

1 Like

Ahhh. I knew we would see the old hits.

Glad not to disappoint.

You think you’re ever going to get the gap states to agree to your alchemy?

Global warming.

Yep. There is nothing we can do.

And why do it? it isn’t real.

No we aren’t.

Virtue signaling.

There have been no fanatical proposals? Really?

When a sizable portion of people deny its even happening, you’re going to have breaks into extreme groups.

That’s how human psychology works.

Of course we are. EVs are moving forward, do the major oil companies not all have alternative divisions working on research?

I know several plastics manufacturers are working on sustainability initiatives.

Panic and agendas give rise to skepticism. Attacks on livelihoods beget defenses.

Does the “sizable portion” really matter? How did the US get to this point without them?

“It’s a problem but a America can’t do anything about it.”

USA….USA!!!

1 Like

Talk to Kerry, he’s the Czar. The USA is doing something about it.

We are not in control!!

Correct.

Yes there had been.

Do nothing.

That is the most fanatical one.

You can blame China all you want, by the way.

But China is merely the “dumping ground” for the West. Their emissions are driven by our demand.

Emissions are mis-assigned all the time.

For instance, Europe undertook a program to curb their emissions. They designated biomass as “clean burning” and “renewable” and incentivized energy companies there to burn it instead of coal.

The result? Drive up emissions in North Carolina because of the wood pellet plants there to feed EU demand…and make those areas of North Carolina barely habitable.

Essentially the EU exported their emissions to the US.

Which leads to another shortcoming of the human mind…it is terrible at whole systems thinking.

Our fragmented world makes that even more difficult to do.

2 Likes

There’s a lot to this. In general I agree.

Good post.

Amen to that.

You don’t seem to be looking very hard then.

1 Like