Guns and Pandemics

Purely anecdotal but my dittohead older brother called me a couple weeks ago wanting me to give him one of my guns.
I explained I can’t do that legally; we’d have to do the paperwork through an FFL.
I also said the ranges are all closed so there’s no place to practice. He assured me he knew all about guns because he shot one back in high school. :slight_smile:

And no doubt a lot of the buyers are liberals given that 80-90% of recent gun sales are first-timers.

Where do you live that that is the law?

WA. Can’t transfer to an immediate family member without an FFL unless it’s a case of imminent danger.

I did tell him if the world goes all Mad Max he can come over a get one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s ■■■■■■■ retarded.

Blue State.

Soon to be that way in VA too.

Oh look, Conan found a hack piece based on no data whatsoever, with which he agrees simply because the author shares his cartoonish and fact-free view of liberals.

In the real world, we just bought a couple of handguns right before the shutdown. I wish the ranges were open so we could go put some rounds through them.

I tried to get him to vote No on the UBC initiative in 2019 but he thought it would be a good law.
I’m not really against UBC in principle, but our initiative had some lousy restrictions like transfers to family members or letting a buddy at the range shoot one of my guns.

Red brother.

Yeah, it is truly funny that anyone would think that this is some sort of realistic, thoughtful article.

1 Like

People are buying them and staying in their homes.

It’s almost like they’re just kind of paranoid…

After a year or so when people are allowed out to mingle freely, we’ll see what the stress of having lost jobs etc. does to 'em all.

Hopefully no one will go postal at that time.

1 Like

All we can do is hope. Thoughts and prayers.

“We”?

We can have Mr. and Mrs. America turn ‘em all in.

1 Like

And you walked right out of the store with em too didn’t you?

Washington is NOT a red state.

2 Likes

I’m sure that you thought you made a point there. :wink:

I didn’t say that.
My brother is. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I thought you were disagreeing with me and calling me brother. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Not exactly surprising with Cities and States flushing felons out of custody and back onto the streets.

2 Likes