Gunman Opens Fire in Oklahoma City Restaurant 3 Injured, 1 Dead

What effect did that cut have on the shooter in this case exactly?

ā€œIt doesnā€™t look like he knew anybody at the restaurant,ā€ Mathews said, adding that Tilghman had no known history of mental illness and appears to have acted alone. The motive remains unknown.

Sometimes you donā€™t have to look very hard to find the answer. You do however have to look.

And yet he still had access to firearmsā€¦ hell, even a CLEET certification as an armed security guardā€¦ If this shooting last night had ended with responding officers killing him, this story wouldnā€™t have been postedā€¦ The REAL issue is how easy it is for the mentally ill to get access to firearms but the ā€œnarrativeā€ being promoted is about the two citizens killing himā€¦ By the way, I fully support them killing him and think they likely prevented more injuries/deathsā€¦ I have no problem with them at allā€¦ What I object to is the continued easy access of the mentally ill to firearmsā€¦

Dude. Dude. Due Process.

Access to firearms trumps everything. Some dude could be minutes away from being declared unfit, buy a gun and kill a two thousand 2 yos and the pro-2nd guys will still argue that it was legal. They just donā€™t want to give an inch. Well, unless it was their own 2yo.

Itā€™s just the way it is. And why there is no fix. And why mass shootings and 26 firearm homicides will continue daily.

1 Like

One more vote from the ā€œBill of Rights sucksā€ crowd.

Letā€™s just burn the whole damned thing, how bout it?

Bad day? Didnā€™t have much time to relish in this story before another school shooting trumped the newsā€¦ Sorryā€¦

Iā€™m having a fine day. So shall we burn the whole thing or just the parts you donā€™t like?

Must not have school age kids thenā€¦

I train kids and adults how to deal with such events.

How is a middle school student supposed to ā€œdeal with such eventsā€?

Depends on the exact circumstances. Bring your kids and attend a class.

Come on, give us a little hintā€¦ Outside of the active shooter training that all kids in the US now undergo (I know it makes me proud when a kindergartner can explain how to barricade in placeā€¦ ) what extra training do you provide?

If youā€™ve read my posts on the subject in the past youā€™ve already been given a pretty good preview.

Why are you holding out on us? Come on, educate us on what the kindergartners at Sandy Hook should have done betterā€¦

and think theyā€™re supposed to always keep a hole in their clay art project so they can see everyone around them.

They shouldnā€™t have been cowering in the open hoping not to get shot.

Do you fault the kindergartners personally? When should we start this training? Pre-K? I know, letā€™s make it part of their well checksā€¦ They will have to demonstrate active shooter proficiency or they failā€¦ LOLā€¦ You make a FINE spokesman for the NRAā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I fault those responsible for putting their school emergency plans together.

If heā€™s minutes away he hasnā€™t been adjudicated has he?

You must be out of your mind. Weā€™ve given miles.