Gun violence in school

Read it again. He didn’t say that libs created school shootings, he said libs created this society. You know, the society where kids kill their classmates for no apparent reason? Guns are less prevalent in households and more difficult to legally obtain now than they were 30-40 years ago, yet back then school shootings were virtually unheard of. It is this super sensitive, politically correct, self absorbed, divisive society that liberalism has created that is the root cause of this horrific phenomenon.

2 Likes

There is always a reason that kids kill their classmates.
Are you saying that because guns are “more difficult to legally obtain” that it makes kids want to kill?
The rest of your post is self-serving gibberish.

Except gun control laws are not laws against harming people. A gun in my possession or of another law abiding citizen harms no one.

I was just talking about this the other day with someone. I recall in high school the pick up trucks with gun racks in the back window in the student parking lot. No one thought anything of it.

It is just amazing to me how some people believe a ban of guns is a solution. If the wiring in someone’s brain is so off that they want to kill people then they will find a means to do so.

Looking at the Parkland situation, it is amazing to me as well that the argument became about gun control, not about the multiple failures that allowed the situation to occur. What should still be a roar of outrage with heads still rolling and public shame seems to be now a forgotten whisper.

I would absolutely love to see a study on why the sudden gun violence in schools vs. 30 years ago. I’d have to say my gut feeling is; broken homes, lack of discipline and structure, not teaching personal responsibility or being held accountable, moral decay as a society (i.e. spend 3 hours playing Grand Theft Auto or the equivalent of going to church on Sunday).

1 Like

And of course we shouldn’t make it as difficult as possible for them to acquire these means.

Difficulty is not a deterrent. Without intervention, it just is a delay to the inevitable.

1 Like

I’m thankful that his IED type weapons did not turn out to functional.

That would have made this terrible tragedy even more horrific.

1 Like

So you agree we shouldn’t.

What is the purpose of laws.

Of course they are. Every single one if them exists to punish a choice which leads to a behavior. They exist to take away choices.

Ok, what was the reason this kid wanted to kill his classmates?

He’s basically advocating a police state when he takes this view.

Of course he is.

We all have the correct answer and the world can’t wait to hear what we have to say. lol

1 Like

They don’t take away anything.

That they don’t achieve the purpose doesn’t change the reason they exist.

What do you feel the purpose of laws is?

What is your point here? It’s hard to tell what you’re arguing? You don’t want any laws?

No silly. Quite the opposite. More kids have developed a propensity to kill in spite of the fact that guns are less prevalent in households and are harder to procure. There is an inverse relationship between their actions and guns.

Your inability to comprehend does not make my statement gibberish.

We have to have laws to have due process. We have to have due process to get our revenge.

I read an article a while back saying the laws we have in this country can no longer be counted. That no one knows how many there are. That make sense to you?

I want him to think.

So what’s the purpose of laws?