Gun resembling Lego toy sparks backlash in US

I don’t think it should be banned, but the manufacturers are clearly morons that have no concern that its existence reinforces every leftist stereotype about firearms. The gun looks like a parody weapon designed by David Hogg, just to show fellow Democrats that all gun owners are heartless child killers.

1 Like

and squirt guns

Had lots of fun playing army and sheriff with cap guns. Most were fairly realistic looking.

My kids preferred the Nerf guns.

Not a toy. A gun. A US gun company is facing a backlash for producing a pistol that looks like a children’s toy made of Lego.

Confusion abounds.

Ah I misread the post my mistake.

2 Likes

That helps emphasize what a poor design this is…even if it is only a special order for a few dozen LEGO enthusiasts.

LEGO will not like this.

Ya I think this one is sketchy personally, why invite the attention.

1 Like

I disagree.

Making a gun that looks like a toy is problematic. For me, the problem I see is that it undermines the expectation that a toy will be marked in such a way that a cop can identify it as a toy and not shoot the holder of that toy if if that holder would otherwise be deemed a threat. Now it appears that we are embarking on a new paradigm that an operational gun will be disguised as a toy, collapsing the identifiability of toy-vs-firearm, which will lead to more people getting shot for holding what actually turns out to be a toy. And under that paradigm I would not fault a cop for shooting to incapacitate or disarm a person deemed a threat because the cops couldn’t determine the threat of the object in the person’s hand. (And I think we all can agree that such a condition would lead to a lot more unnecessary shootings.)

1 Like

Next up: Disguising a rifle to look like a super soaker.

2 Likes

:rofl: Good one.

Well, shooting to kill serves that purpose. :man_shrugging:

:rofl: “shooting to kill”.

Spell out the point you are trying to make here. What terminology would you have used?

PS: I notice you didn’t disagree with the actual concern I had with the lego gun.

There is no “shooting to kill” or “shooting to wound”, there is only “shooting”.

Anytime you pull a trigger there is only one intent.

I wouldn’t ever buy it, it’s ugly. In fact I wouldn’t even touch it it’s so ugly.

Banning things is bad business.

Good post.

1 Like

Nonsense. Toy guns were never a problem until libs started to confuse guns with criminals.

2 Likes

All guns are dumb. In fact, no gun can think or act on its own. If you wish to use that adjective in connection to this gun, apply it to the gun maker.

I suspect that that may have been the motive of the manufacturer … to demonstrate that some people will want to ban it for no other reason than for how it looks.