Gun Enthusiasts

What’s your favorite shooter? Carry piece?
My personal favorite is my Stainless Colt 1911. Soft trigger, fits my hand just right, and dead on accurate. Me and the boys shoot once a month at my backyard range, and I school them every time.

I’m currrently looking for a good carry piece, but I like what I see in the kimber micro 9. I’m not a fan of the keltec or other versions of the super small conceal carry handguns. I don’t have banana’s for fingers, but I just can’t get a good grip on those little bitty guns.

I carry either a Springfield Champion or a Ruger New Vaquero.

I’ve been thinking about switching to a .22

I seems to left mine laying around someplace and now I can’t find it.

I’m in Texas, I don’t have to worry about that.

Can’t say I’ve ever lost a gun, theft or otherwise. They’re too damn expensive to lose. Unless, you shoot hipoint.

1 Like

I have it, I use my Browning 40-cal which is my favorite.

But I did lose one in my truck for years thou, 357 Smith and Western. When I did found it it rusted up pretty badly.

1 Like

My favorite shooter, handgun wise, is an ATI FX45 .45 Commander. Not as big as a full sized 1911 but it has a great trigger and the mass (36 oz. empty) dampens the felt recoil enough to make it comfortable to shoot for extended range sessions, EDC is a Glock 26 9 mm…

Funnest gun I ever shot was my uncle’s .38 Target S&W revolver with a 6" barrel. It had a very smooth action (it’s double action felt easier to shoot than most single actions).

I’ve lost them in my gun safe … and have to damn near empty the safe to find them. :wink:

I completed my Ruger Blackhawk 3-screw collection on Saturday. I finally found a very good condition 30 carbine. I had to pay more than I expected, but looking at prices on Gunbrokers it was a fair deal at $635. Gunna check it out at the range this afternoon.

Hush.
10 ch

Anyone have any tips on the XDS?

I’ve been slowly making a decision for months and I decided I’m going to get a semi to carry instead of the revolver.

1 Like

I picked one up a couple of months ago for $150. Needs bluing, but a decent Plainfield.

I went the other way.

I used to have an XD(M) and now carry a Ruger .357 revolver.

On the XD I had no complaints on it though. It was a decent shooter and I liked the fact that the version I bought would take the compact mags or the full sized ones with a sleeve.

Every 1911 that is properly made is just a piece of functional art and a piece of firearms history all rolled into one.

The 1911 is to Semi Auto’s what Colt’s Peacemaker was to revolvers.

That being said while I have a substantial collection of both revolvers and semi autos these days I tend to carry the Springfield xd’s and xdm’s for EDC.

Usually I’m carrying an XDM 5.25" comp model in either 40 S&W or 45acp. Depending on where I’m going though and how I dressed I may opt to carry the XD in either the 3.2" subcompact or 4" Compact Model in .40 S&W.

The 3.2 and 4" are much easier to conceal but the 5.25’s are 16+1 in .40 and 12+1 in .45acp and I’m kind of generally a more is better sort of guy when it comes to magazine capacity.

Sounds like you had the 3.2" subcompact like mine. Handy little EDC carry piece.

I shot my instructor requal with it last year and qualified with my first 16rds in a 4" circle at 45’ and by no means to I consider myself a great shot with a pistol.

Some guns just seem to put it where you want it instinctively and others can take a whole lot of work.

I find my Taurus 5 shot 4" revolvers to be the same.

The first production of XDS’s had some issues. They were quickly resolved.

I find them to be too small for my hands but other than that would have no problem carrying one for a backup if needed or for EDC for that matter if they fit my hand better.

The XDM’s are double stack and come with different backstraps you can interchange to get a perfect grip fit which I really like.

Yep…that’s why I don’t carry.

That’s why you put it in a holster. If you forget it, it will still be there.:grin:

I know, I know…but I’d probably lose that too.:sunglasses: