Guess who’s making our iPhones

I put a quality case on it on day 1 and it’s protected it pretty well. The battery life is what appears to be what may cause me to replace it?

Indeed, going it alone, was not that effective. The International trade regulators need to grow a pair regarding China. They recently punished, one MFG in Malaysia for horrific labor practices, by banning their nitrile/latex gloves to from coming to the US and EU. China does the same crap…and no repercussions.

Conservative economic capitalism (AKA Neoliberal economics) has created a very powerful “communist” country.

It’s an easy replacement. Go on Amazon and order the iFix It basic tool kit. Make sure it comes with a screen plunger. And order a replacement battery.

The iphone 5 has two small screws on either side of the charging port. Take those out first. They’re small so put them in a cup or small box.

After that, wet the screen plunger slightly, stick it slightly below the middle of the screen, and carefully pull up. May take a little force. The screen will pop up from the bottom slightly. After that, use the soft plastic spreader that comes with the tool kit and work your way around the screen, prying it up. Be very careful around the top edges of the phone; there’s a tiny ribbon cable that attaches the LCD to the motherboard.

After separation, lift off the screen. Be sure not to tear the LCD ribbon cable. You’ll see the battery pack. Next, take out two more tiny screws that hold two metal plates to the frame of the phone. Also, unplug the battery cable from the mother board; it’s a little two pin wire with a plastic connector.

Then use the plastic spreader to carefully work the battery out. It has adhesive that holds it down to the base frame, but it’ll come out. After that, do everything in reverse to put the new battery back in. If your new battery doesn’t come with an adhesive strip you can use the thin 3M double sided tape that they sell at part stores to replace it with.

Worst part is getting the screen up. Once you’ve done that, it’s smooth sailing.

1 Like

Yup. There is a reason why they stopped making batteries replaceable🤬

Well they stopped making them easily replaceable.

They can still be replaced. It’s just a pain in the butt on some phones.

The iphone 5 and 5s are one of the easier replacements.

:rofl: No it wouldn’t. There is no “dealing with China”.

1 Like

Well now that Biden is in office, Trump’s half-ass approach of tariffs etc may soon return to the old no-ass approach of preceding years.

1 Like

I’m a creature of comfort. When I want something, I simply go to my local store or shop online. I don’t much concern myself with how or where my purchase was made. The vast majority of people feel the same way

Do I wish the rest of the world was as free and as prosperous as we are here in America? I’ve never really given it much thought and I don’t plan to do so now.

Am I a cold-hearted bastard?

Not really.

All the caring in the world will change nothing. The world will go on exactly as it does everyday, regardless of what I do say or think. Better I concern myself with things I can actually control.

1 Like

Dems and the GOP did do something. The TPP was designed to box China in. You just don’t like their solution, and that’s fine. But it’s not fair to say people have been ignoring this stuff.

Hmmm…I have an Android 10. I don’t think I can?

Another DEM feel good deal that accomplishes nothing of substance for the US.

I really disagree. It would have created an enormous trading block where they could be pressed on issues like slave labor

I can relate to this

no it would not, it would have just created a back door for chinese goods to enter the us market through our trading partners

1 Like

Like I said - it’s fine to think it wasn’t the right way to approach the problem, but it’s not true that people have been ignoring the china problem.

You just don’t like their solutions.

The wisdom of Aahz as applied to Deveels also applies to 5000+ page “treaties” signed among nations, namely: "if you think you’ve gotten a good deal from a Deveel, first count your fingers, then your limbs, then your relatives.”

Until China decided otherwise. You don’t understand the hegemony of the region.

There are no solutions to China.

Feel good empty gestures is not addressing the problem. It is simply a way to make it look like something is being done, when really nothing is being done.

More left-wing propaganda.

1 Like