Guess who’s making our iPhones

In the days of new civil rights causes are popping up left and right in America it might interest some that your iPhones are being made by slaves in concentration camps. Wish this was some Alex Jones level reporting but it’s not, it is Business Insider.

7 Apple suppliers in China have links to forced labor programs

Apple suppliers have used thousands of Uyghur Muslims in forced labor programs in China, The Information reports.

China has been accused of genocide of the minority group, detaining them in internment camps.

Apple in the past has denied using suppliers who rely on forced labor in China.

2 Likes

I don’t have an I phone.

1 Like

what do you have? samsungs are made in korea/vietnam.

None of your business.

3 Likes

I’m not surprised.

I bet you can’t buy a single electronic device that didn’t use forced labor in their construction.

I’m an iPhone user, and it’s disgusting. But I’ve been an iPhone user for ten years now. I despise android for the most part. I don’t have a lot of options.

1 Like

Most of the individual components in Samsung phones are made in China.

There’s literally not an electronic device made today that doesn’t have communist Chinese origins in at least one of its component.

It’s disgusting. But this is the result of the world making some bad decisions back in the 1970s.

I’ll keep on protesting by not upgrading from my i-Phone 5. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

That’s pretty bad. That phone hasn’t received security updates in years.

1 Like

as you wish. we all on this forum sharing some information about ourselves…what differences does it make if you share the make/model of your phone?

how slow is it? i had iphone 4 until 2 years ago out of spite for apple. they slow it down so much it was barely usable.

1 Like

This is what it looks like when the vast majority of people don’t care at all where their toys come from.

8 Likes

Awakening the Woke is kinda like…

Yet, not having an iPhone is our business. Curious.

3 Likes

Sure, but who is going to waste their time writing hacks for iPhone5? Who will they catch? All 25 remaining iPhone-5 users out there? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t do anything on my phone that exposes anything potentially detrimental. I’m so boring, that boring…is the most exciting thing about me and that’s exactly how I like it. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

I decide

1 Like

I keep getting requests to upload to the cloud and empty my phone plus other bull feces that I don’t do.

So we need some regulation to address the failures of the free market is what I’m hearing.

For you music streamers out there, you can spend thousands of dollars on a DAC to have it sound worse than the DAC on any iPhone with a headphone jack. My good deed for the day.

Lol I wish I could do that.

I’m rocking an iPhone 12.

I’ve had…

3GS
7 Plus

The jump from 11 to 12 was my shortest interval. I kept my 11 for less than a year and a half. The only I reason was that I was fixing to have to swap the battery and my carrier ran a fantastic special that I couldn’t refuse. So I traded it instead of replacing the battery.

My other phones were 2 to 2.5 years between swaps. The longest time was the 7 Plus. I kept it for 2 years and 7 months, enough time to have swapped the battery in it at the proper 500 cycles.I also swapped batteries in my 5 and and 6, both of which suffered degradation early on in their service lives.

My luck with phone batteries has been… so so. But I have the tools and knowledge to swap them out myself so I always went that route whenever possible.

You just glossed right over the forced labor part.

2 Likes