Guards "forcibly" prevent AP reporter from attending EPA summit

Except that’s not what happened.

The picture in this thread shows there were empty seats. So your argument is out the window.

That guy needed an extra seat for his arm.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

https://twitter.com/emilyhholden/status/999048476636860417

Betcha dollars to nickles reporters do. I’ve seen it during my 15 years working in news departments at radio station.

Any pictures from the last minutes? where they all still empty? If they were reserved for participants, what would happen if a CNN reporter were in the chair and the person who was supposed to sit in it showed up? Would they leave?

The media WAS present inside. Those not insice could watch the livestream and report on it as well.

Only issue is CNN’s snowflake got hurt because they weren’t allowed in.

I worked over 35 years at a major daily newspaper that won a Pulitzer. Never saw a reporter threaten that way because they weren’t allowed to attend a meeting like in this case.

Did you notice any names on those seats?

I know you think this is a great thing, but it isn’t. You’d be having a cow if Fox was not allowed in.

Not is the conditions were the same.

Yo udon’t know what the conditions were. I can’t find anything to corroborate that “invitations” were sent out.

With the information I have, if the condistions were the same

Would love to go to an alternate universe and prove that statement because I don’t think that would be the case.

Operative phrase.

Didn’t say it would be over not allowed into a meeting.

But I have herd reporters say to the effect “this guy doesn’t talk to me, he’s not going to like what I have to say in the article/story”.

I’ve also sat in a courtroom, listened to testimony . . . went and did my write up, watched the TV news and wondered if I was in the same courtroom as the other reporter.

I did get the last laugh on that story. I got a “tip” that there was an emergency hearing before the judge (good honest reporting pays off is all I can say). Typically there was 5 to 10 reporters in the court. I was the only one there that day. Essentially got the exclusive on a mistrail being declared after two weeks of testimony. Talk about a cold shoulder from other reporters (print, radio, and TV) that lasted for years.

And you don’t have any more information than I have. You just choose to say it’s not correct.

This is the go-to for people who can’t back up their assertions.