GRIM REAPER: McConnell ‘Approves’ NYT Hit-Piece Labeling His Senate ‘Legislative Graveyard’ for Dems

Originally published at: GRIM REAPER: McConnell ‘Approves’ NYT Hit-Piece Labeling His Senate ‘Legislative Graveyard’ for Dems | Sean Hannity

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell “approved” a recent New York Times article that called his Senate a “legislative graveyard” for anything accept “confirming conservative judicial nominations.”

“Senator Mitch McConnell has turned his chamber into a legislative graveyard, opting to devote the Senate floor almost exclusively to confirming conservative judicial nominations and Trump administration appointees,” posted the Times Thursday evening.

“I’m Mitch McConnell and I approve this message,” fired back McConnell’s social media account.

"I’m Mitch McConnell and I approve this message." https://t.co/nBmiH2Y1nn

— Team Mitch (@Team_Mitch) June 7, 2019

“Seemingly by design, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader and self-proclaimed ‘grim reaper’ of Washington, has turned his chamber into a legislative graveyard, opting instead to devote the Senate floor almost exclusively to confirming conservative judicial nominations and Trump administration appointees,” writes the Times.

“So if talks between the United States and Mexico collapse, and Republican threats against President Trump’s promised tariffs actually turn into a legislative rebuff, it would be major break from the past six months. Barely a dozen roll-call votes have been held this year on bills, amendments and legislation, and around 20 bills have been signed into law since January,” adds the article.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell spoke with Sean Hannity last week on House Democrats’ flat-out refusal to “let go” of the Russia investigation; saying it’s now time to “move on” and get back to business.

“You have called this partisan paralysis, breathless, conspiracy theories, a spectacle… I agree with all of that. What is Sen. Burr doing?” asked Hannity, referencing Burr’s latest decision to subpoena Donald Trump Jr.

“The good news is that Chairman Burr has already indicated that the Committee will find no collusion. I think this is going to have a happy ending. I understand the President’s frustration here. The case is closed. The controversy has been concluded. I don’t think the House thinks that,” said McConnell.